Watford City, North Dakota, United States
Watford City, North Dakota, United States
Skills: Project Management, Budget / Cost Control, Process Technician
Other Skills: Pipeline Services
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Watford City, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Construction Specialist to support our facilities Watford City, ND
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Job responsibilities include assisting the Construction Supervisor or Construction Manager in the following:
- Develop project scope, schedules and cost estimates in conjunction with engineering, commercial & operations
- Develop a cost effective project management plan in conjunction with engineering, marketing & operations effort(s).
- Manages project construction in accordance with project schedule and budget.
- Coordinates RW acquisition and survey efforts in conjunction with land group.
- Assure that construction activities comply with local, state, federal and company regulations, policies and procedures related to employee safety, health, applicable environmental regulations, and permits.
- Coordinates contractor bid process, selection and contracting in conjunction with legal and procurement departments.
- Coordinates material selection, bids, orders and delivery in conjunction with procurement, engineering and project management
- Reviews invoices and applications for payment to assure accuracy of tabulations, accuracy of completion percentage, and recommend approval or disapproval.
- Conducts "Project Meetings" as required on projects with company forces, consultants and subcontractors to coordinate project administration, ROW acquisitions, survey, permitting, engineering, drafting, material availability, construction activity and resolve project problems.
- Generally accomplishes all items required to close out project and organizes project post-job reviews.
- Ensures that all job documentation is complete, retained and submitted to the company in accordance policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision over Company inspectors, contractors and other field personnel
- When not acting as the Project Manager, work cooperatively with Project Manager to assure that projects are executed in accordance with approved budgets and schedules
- Develops a strong service provider oriented relationship with internal operations, engineering and commercial groups.
- Will require travel
- Inspecting projects to ensure all work is done to company policy.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in project scoping, costing, and management in the gas gathering and processing industry or related field.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid driver license and safe driving record
- Knowledge of general construction practices employed in oil and gas operations including pipelines, compressor stations, oil handling facilities and other processing facilities.
- Competent skills and knowledge of in the codes, standards and regulations applicable to construction activities
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office modules
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Gas gathering and processing operations experience
- Project Inspection and Management experience (2+ years)
- Engineering or related degree
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3, ASME B31.8, API 1104, 49 CFR Part 192
- Process Safety Management knowledge
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.