Skills: Marine Supervisor
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Paraíso, Tabasco, Mexico
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Mexico
We are currently recruiting a Marine Base Supervisor for our activities in Mexico to support the Logistics Manager in the professional management of supply base activities, marine, helicopters, and land transport operations. Focus of this role will be competent management of an effective HSE programme, ensuring implementation and utmost compliance by all contractors
The Key responsibilities are:
• Granting the logistic base and transport means management to their full potential, maintain operational effectiveness and minimize risk to life, property and the environment.
• Defining and implementing plans and schedule for passengers and materials transport included Medevac operations
• The arrangement of berthing facilities and liaison and coordination for the berthing of supply vessels
• The planning of incoming and outgoing vessel traffic to ensure supply vessel have first priority access to dock and quayside areas and to ensure non-dedicated adjacent berthing areas are available on an "as needed" basis.
• The supervision of the loading/unloading of vessels and other inland base traffic, arranging the necessary stevedoring, pilot, pilot boats, mooring gang where necessary
• The monitoring third party supplier materials and supplies to vessels under charter
• Study and identify marine operations having characteristics of complexity and difficulty.
• Towage systems planning, analysis and approvals
• SMS implementation and control
• Compliance to safety and safe executions of marine support to operations.
• Strictly applying Company procedures for material handling (i.e Lifting operations, etc) and transportation.
• Supporting planning, coordination, safe and economic execution of the offshore rigs moving, positioning and mooring
• Monitor, through feed-back, vessels, road transport means and contractors performances and costs, identify areas of improvement and optimization.
• Propose measures to enhance performances of existing services.
• Recommend operational procedures, actions, to achieve best results in Supply Base running and transport Services.
• Liaise with local authorities and other relevant Agencies in respect of Transport Services.
• Ensure the correct Material Management procedures and operations instruction for material handling are applied exercising the necessary supervision
• Performing such other duties as may be requested or be necessary for the performance of the service hereunder.
Permanent, local (non-expatriate), residential.
• Fully conversant with aviation marine and vehicular management techniques.
• Fully conversant with safe Material Handling requirements
• Familiar with problems/interfaces with all Marine, Aviation and Land Transport Services
• Fully conversant with offshore drilling materials and equipment.
• Excellent computer, written and oral skills.
• Problem solver and able to identify opportunities.
• The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship.
• Promote a positive culture in relation to safety
• Good team worker
• Engineering Bachelor's degree
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Significant previous experience in Marine operations and be well versed in logistics management systems.
• Extensive experience in offshore operations
• Experience in dealing with Government Officials and with executives of contracting companies.
• At least 10 years of experience in the Oil industry is necessary.