As Senior Operations Readiness Engineer you will work in the central OR & CSU organization in P&T. You will be influencing the competitiveness, delivery, start-up performance and lifecycle operating outcome of portfolio of multibillion projects. Additionally, the role offers excellent opportunity for operations and maintenance leaders to deepen & broaden their leadership skills in the areas of Growth, Collaboration and Performance.
Focusing on pre-DG3 projects, you will be contributing to:
-Delivering deep OR & CSU expertise to add value to our projects;
-Providing support to the OR & CSU Principal Technical Experts (PTE) in identifying and delivery of the functional improvement program: you will own specialist areas and be expected to maintain and/or develop the requisite tools and know-how;
-Drive effectiveness of global OR& CSU Community of Practice by providing coaching, promoting consistent application of OR & CSU practice, facilitating transfer of best practice between projects and by developing capability & competence of OR&CSU practitioners.
The project delivery scope will result in effective preparation and implementation of Operations Readiness in general (i.e. Front-End Operations, Asset Owner Readiness (AOR), Commissioning & Start-up (CSU) and Handover, Logistics) in all assigned front-end/post DG3 projects. The incumbent will ensure, on behalf of the Asset Owner / Asset Manager, that Production Readiness and Asset Owner Readiness, consolidated in the 'production promise', is achieved for each assigned project in line with the requirements of the Asset Management System. You will be expected to work according to a globally aligned set of standards and processes.
-To coordinate and ensure quality content of all Operations Readiness input into project activities and deliverables and for all assigned projects.
-To manage and integrate diverse skillpools (e.g. OR & CSU, Logistics, Production Operations, MRTA, Asset Management) to achieve the outcomes for each assigned project.
-To build relationships & manage expectations of a wider stakeholder group comprising people from both Projects & Businesses and across multiple business locations, including interfacing with senior PTU development managers as part of scope definition, to ensure bottom line value addition for Shell.
-To align with PT2020 and other corporate initiatives as far as these are relevant for OR & CSU delivery and functional support work.
-To deliver OR assurance support in all phases of projects, spanning pre-DG3 to Execute including Pre- Start-Up Audits (PSUA's) and Operational Readiness Reviews.
-To be a Technical Expert/Subject Matter Expert and fulfill a TA-2 role in OR & CSU.
-To support an organisational safety culture through visible personal commitment to Goal Zero, including regular two-way intervention conversations both inside and outside the office.
-To share best practices in global OR & CSU networks and support connectivity, capability & knowledge base of the OR & CSU community through coaching.Company Description
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
Skills & Requirements :
- University degree in Engineering with 15+ years professional experienced in;
- Production Operations / Asset Management/ Maintenance professional with leadership team experience, of which at least 4 years in Senior positions. Midstream/ Downstream operations or projects (CSU) experience is desirable.
- Experience in part of, or the entire, ORS Project life cycle (from front-end development, conceptual design through to final commissioning and start-up).
- Previous experience in transitioning projects from Construction to CSU to the Asset and managing the related P2A process as part of project or asset organization is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of relevant operations and project standards.
- Skills in CSU scheduling (WFS), Operations Mode Assurance Reviews (OMAR) and leading PSUAs are desirable.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated senior individual with proven track record in delivery and impact.
- Must have broad inter-personal and relationship skills with experience in: collaboration and stakeholder management; building trust and working across boundaries with speed and simplicity, building strong partnerships; influencing outcomes without formal authority.
- Customer facing skills and consultancy skills.
- Change Management skills. Capability to take a program management role.
- Joint Venture (project or asset) experience in leadership roles desirable.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.