Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for an Offshore Lead Maintenance Electrical / Instrument Technician for a permanent position.
We are looking for highly skilled candidates to join our offshore team working on the Fairfield project within UK waters.
Key elements of this role will be to ensure that the performance and availability of electrical, instrument and life support equipment meets the standards required to achieve safety, integrity, de-commissioning targets and environmental targets.
Job Title: Lead Maintenance Electrical / Instrument Technician
Ref No: 13354
Project/Client : Fairfield
Start Date : asap
Rotation: 2 on / 3 off
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Routine, Corrective, breakdown and condition-based maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system/work pack/ Job card instructions.
- Isolation, removal, Disassembly, Overhaul, Reassembly, replacement, testing and commissioning activities on electrical and Instrument systems.
- Maintaining the installations power supply, switchgear, control, detection systems and life support systems
- Isolating and de isolating high voltage and low voltage systems in accordance with their approval levels of electrical competency from client/site.
- Ensuring an adequate spares holding for electrical and instrument systems.
- Minimising downtime and contributing to the achievement of de-commissioning targets.
- Prepare technical reports as required
- Inspection and maintenance of electrical and Instrument equipment in hazardous areas and non-hazardous / safe areas including the installation / removal and documentation of Temporary Electrical supplies.
- Undertake appropriate risk assessments (RA) to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner, including vendor risk assessments.
- Request and take out applicable permit to work (PTW) to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner. Carry out RPE duties within the (PTW) system in line with the Electrical Safety Rules, including the issuing and control of Electrical Safety documents.
- Provide support and guidance to team members and any new personnel so electrical competencies can be achieved in a timely manner.
- Provide support to other trades/disciplines where it is safe to do so, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Fault finding and rectification for electrical systems and Instrument systems
- Carrying out emergency duties as required by the OIM/Site Manager
Qualifications & certification
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Older apprenticeships will be indentured and normally include a C&G qualification)
- HNC in Electrical Engineering (post 2009 apprenticeship)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification in Maintenance or equivalent
- SJIB (Scotland) / JIB (England)
- COMPEX (Mandatory for this role)
- IEE Current Edition
- HV switching
- LV switching.
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Significant knowledge and experience of high and low voltage generation and distribution systems
- Reasonable knowledge of electrical and instrument fault finding techniques
- Fully conversant with rules for certified electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- Knowledge and experience of hydrocarbon production systems and associated hazards
- Understanding of instrumentation
- A full understanding of the role of Authorized Electrical Person / RPE
- Reasonable knowledge and understanding of fire and gas detection and ESD systems
- Fully familiar with ISSOW permit to work systems, and isolation procedures
- Must have the necessary competencies in electrical / Instrument Discipline to carry out routine, corrective, breakdown and condition-based maintenance.
- Able to carry out fault finding and installation, isolation and re-instatement of offshore equipment
- Ability to carry out work-site inspections
- Able to read, interpret and mark up electrical / Instrument electronic technical schematic drawings to as built status
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR)