Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technical Analyst (Direct Hire Contractor) located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through March 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The IT Technical Analyst role is under the Retail & Card Systems located in Manila. The team is part of International Sites and Card (IS&C) of Downstream and Chemicals IT. IS&C deploy, manage and support the IT Retail and Card Systems that enable our retail business and card marketing operations in AP. Some of the systems supported include:
- Back Office System (BOS) - Envoy / NAMOS
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Electronic Payment System (EPS)
- International Fleet Card System (IFCS)
- Payment Terminals
- Emerging retail digital technologies
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Resolves technical issues, acts as escalation point and conducts deeper level of investigation/analysis and works with service providers for resolution.
- Plans and performs tests in support of retail systems on replacement and new release update.
- Works closely with the SMEs, In-Country Retail Automation (RA) in the planning, deriving system requirement specification based on business requirement.
- Support IT projects in the emerging technology space from desktop to mobile. Emerging technology include but are not limited to mobile applications, electronic and mobile payments, loyalty programs, store systems and customer analytics.
- Effective communicator (oral and written); able to convey clearly status of issues and changes and why to all levels of staff across the organization.
- Will need to work with remote stakeholders and vendors from across the region
- Act as a liaison between Business and Technology stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or other relevant fields.
- At least 5+ years' experience working in production support, business requirements gathering and analysis on Retail, Cards and Payment Systems or other marketing mobile applications.
- Software Testing skills - ability to write test strategies, test plans, test scenarios/scripts and execute them is an advantage.
- Independent, organized and multi-tasker. Ability to manage operational matters or tasks and track issues daily requiring immediate disposition to ensure productive operations.
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically and work independently.
- Demonstrates ability in problem solving and critical thinking skills for framing, analysis, and synthesis of complex issues.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Willing to work on project basis for an initial term of at least 3 years
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law)
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.
E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.