Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Project Manager U.S West Coast (USWC) located in San Ramon, CA California.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Manages CEMREC and Operating Company (OPCO) funded base business projects in the U.S West Coast Region and Canada.
• Responsible for review and approval of project scopes of work and commercial proposals.
• Provides work direction to cost engineering staff (schedulers, estimators, controllers) and supply chain management staff (contract advisors, procurement staff). Also provides work direction to Architectual and Engineering (AE) and General Contractor (GC) service providers.
• Ensures projects are resourced appropriately and work with CBRES Governance model to ensure project prioritization.
• Provides leadership in ensuring safe execution of CEMREC managed projects.
• Demonstrates commitment, knowledge and leadership of Operational Excellence process.
• Builds relationships with Facility Operations, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Operational Excellence (OE) Team to support project managers in successful project delivery.
• Provides support to corporate audit team as required.
• Occasional domestic travel depending on project requirements. Occasional need to conduct business after hours and/or non-working days to support business needs for projects in execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or similar field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the building design and/or construction industry
- Prior experience managing and executing capital projects required
- Prior experience writing and executing professional design and construction contracts
- Knowledge of Chevron Project Management System (CPMS)
- Prior experience supervising contractors
- Prior Business Unit (BU) base business experience
- Professional licensure
- Competency in project execution planning, management, cost engineering, scheduling and contracting
- Familiarity with engineering design and construction
- Knowledge of Chevron standard OE practices and processes, including managing safe work.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.