Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Mechanical Static and Materials Engineer is a key member of our QGC Asset based in Brisbane with regular travel to support facilities and turnarounds throughout QGC.
The position sits within the QGC Engineering department providing engineering support and assurance activities to Developments, Greenfields and Brownfields Projects, Maintenance and Operations for the Upstream Asset, and occasional support to the Midstream Asset. The role of the engineer will be to help ensure Mechanical systems are safe, utilise best available and fit for purpose technology, compliant with industry, regulatory and Company standards, minimise environmental emissions and are capable of sustained operation in line with operational targets.
Goal Zero is Shells number one priority, the role requires the incumbent to demonstrate leadership in the application of the principles of Safety in Operations and Design for Mechanical Engineering. Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to always.
Some of the deliverables and accountabilities of the role are:
- Support the resolution of mechanical static and materials issues. Conduct technical investigations such as small-bore piping vibrations and failures of static mechanical equipment.
- Support engineering studies for mechanical discipline.
- Provide assurance reviews of mechanical engineering designs to ensure safety, integrity, best-practice, fit-for-purpose and risk-based designs.
- Propose mechanical design changes to achieve improved safety, reliability, production optimisation, reduced capital and maintenance cost.
- Support the Turnaround Team and provide mechanical engineering services during campaign maintenance activities.
- Support the Development Team by reviewing assess/select studies for unconventional O&G trial projects through the assess, select, detailed design, execution, commissioning and operation phases.
- Formulate closure of technical actions including HAZID, HAZOP, Design Review, and Process Safety Reviews for Mechanical Discipline.
- Provide support for the ownership and resolution of long term threats and opportunities via internal processes and systems
- Support the Asset Integrity Team in the development of RBI (Risk Based Inspection) activities and develop inspection plans for mechanical equipment.
- Respond and provide input into technical queries and concerns from design contractors for various projects, trials and procurement activities.
- Work closely with the Field Engineering Team and provide support and coverage when deemed necessary by the business.
- Develop and write technical scopes of work for engineering contractors to support investigations and solve complex problems.
- Work closely with process and discipline engineering technical authorities.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering, be Chartered or can gain the qualification
- A registration as a Professional Engineer in Queensland (RPEQ) and to maintain this registration whilst in the role.
- Demonstrated experience in a Mechanical Engineering role, ideally involving the design, installation or operation of gas processing facilities and unconventional gas gathering systems.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and materials engineering, and basic fabrication processes associated with installation of pressure systems.
- Demonstrated experience of engineering policies/procedures.
Your outstanding communication skills and ability to work with others will foster collaboration with core business areas to provide an engineering service that will ensure asset integrity and optimal performance of the plant & equipment. Your excellent time management skills, drive for results through motivating others and a solid understanding of the requirements will guarantee your success in this role.
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications and competencies relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sector we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video