Company: Targa Resources Inc
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Sr. Payroll Coordinator for our Corporate office located in Houston, TX.
• Set-up new hires in Ceridian HPW
• Maintain master data changes: address, W4, direct deposit, rate changes, promotions, transfers, LOA's, STD's, LTD's, terminations & other changes as requested
• Set-up and maintain all deductions and benefits such as, 401K, imputed income, car allowance, education reimbursements and et al.
• Maintain deduction information for transport driver advances
• Process all incoming garnishments to set up vendor & setup deductions
• Prepare communications to employee and government agencies regarding levy issues
• Assist employee with payroll and benefit deduction issues
• Calculate retro pay and prorated pay for salary adjustments and promotions.
• Maintain all files to comply with HIPAA and SOX regulations.
• Run Ceridian report and upload employee data into People Soft weekly or more frequently as needed.
• Assist employees and field admins with data entry issues and corrections
• Set up and maintain payroll admins access to locations and departments
• Prepare Manual Check log for transmission to accounting. Formatted to remove any sensitive data to avoid loss of confidentially.
• Research void check list for accounting and provide detail cost centers
• Review and correct payroll time entry files in People Soft
• Work with Ceridian Tax to resolve payment issues and requests for information
• Assist HR with questions on employee data and pay issues
• Calculate and prepare manual checks as needed and keep accurate log of all checks.
• Manual input of adjustments and manual checks into Ceridian
• Prepare and calculate final payments to ensure proper deductions are taken from employees.
• Prepare time entry files to upload into Ceridian payroll system. Requires ability to troubleshoot files to correct errors prior to submission of files.
• Prepare and Audit 401K, 401KM, 401KC, 401KP and upload to Fidelity for funding.
• Review and correct Wage and Tax Audit Reports, correct Data Scrubs and exception reports per pay period.
• Transmit semi-monthly payroll
• Prepare wire transfer for garnishments, taxes and 401k funding for submission to the cash department for processing payments
Annually or as requested:
• Review and correct accruals in Ceridian
• Prepare W2-C's as necessary
• Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses as required
• Other duties including special projects, as assigned.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Solid Ceridian HPW experience
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Minimum of 5 year(s) of payroll related work experience.
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Regular and Reliable Attendance
• Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
• Maintain complete confidentiality.
• Ability to prioritize daily work schedule and function with minimum supervision.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
• Dependable and able to follow instructions; responds to directions and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Professional demeanor.
• Conscientious about quality, accuracy, and timeliness of deliverables.
• Ability to work overtime and adjust work schedule with minimum notice.
• Hand/eye coordination necessary to operate office equipment.
• Able to lift 15 pounds to move files and retrieve information.
• 2 to 3 years' experience with Ceridian HPW
• People Soft and Replicon experience
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.