Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Priority 1 - Immediate need
POSITION: QUALITY CONTROL COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER
This position will primarily be responsible for working with the Project Manager to ensure the management of the quality standards for pipeline projects during construction, for all related materials, structures, components and systems:
- Assure that all incoming materials and components used in construction meet clients' quality standards
- Assist in fulfilling customer contract expectations with respect to compliance and standards
- Work-in-progress inspections in order to verity that work has been completed in accordance with project quality requirements.
- Maintenance of project documentation in both electronic and hard copy form and provide copies for files and client.
- Perform VT on welds
Minimum 3 years and above documented field experience with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities in both written and verbal form.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant Gas, Pipeline, Civil, Structural, Equipment setting work history
- Must be able to work independently while demonstrating strong qualities and integrity.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Subject Matter Expert with 3 plus years of direct experience in tasks such as welding, excavating, general pipeline duties.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience in Quality Control activities on assigned projects at construction sites.
- Basic knowledge pertaining to welding, hydrostatic testing, coating and torqueing.
- Assist in implementing quality assurance and quality control standards
- Process paperwork regarding material testing and QA/QC.
- Working in the field 100%.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an Quality Coordinator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 9/80 or 5/2 working in an office in Houston, TX
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The primary responsibility of the position will support the Operations team in the implementation of a quality process, stewardship of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities as related to assigned projects and/ or sectors. This will include supporting the teams in project quality planning continuous improvement efforts.
- Implement a quality system for GOM across the project scope in alignment with global practices
- Act as primary facilitator in building and supporting quality plans for projects inclusive of major maintenance activities
- Participate with Operations teams and partners to ensure quality requirements and standards are clearly identified in contracts, tenders and purchase orders
- Assist with contractor selection by evaluating bids for quality content
- Lead onboarding related to quality and verification of suppliers management system
- Endorse supplier quality plans to ensure they meet the required standards of operations
- Perform audits/ assessments at contract facilities during project phase
- Support management of quality incidents
- Conduct root cause investigations of quality incidents
- Establish and monitor contractor improvement plans regarding quality
- Perform training, monitoring and audits of appointed quality resources to ensure conformance with quality and safety requirements
- Monitor industry quality incident trends and ensure mitigation activities applied as required
- Provide feedback on quality system implementation, effectiveness and performance
Minimum 10+ years Quality experience with at least 5 years in Oil and Gas/ Production Operations.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Track record in supervision of multiple inspection and implementing of quality processes and programs
- Ability to develop inspection guidelines and work effectively with minimal supervision in a diverse multidiscipline team of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with various different interfaces
- Proven organizational skills in coordinating simultaneous projects in accordance with mandatory deadlines
- Self motivated to learn and think strategically
- High degree of computer literacy
- Ability to demonstrate leadership behaviors with demanding workload.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Management Systems and application of industry codes, standards and specifications e.g. API, NACE and ISO etc.
- Management of contract personnel such as quality control inspection resources (ie surveillance, NDT etc)
- Managing root cause analysis (RCA) investigations as required
- Certified lead auditor, preferred
#rz #zr wood18
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Diversity Statement (EEO) Spanish
Somos una empresa comprometida con la igualdad de oportunidades que reconoce el valor de la diversidad de las personas. Todas las personas que cumplan con los requisitos profesionales de las ofertas serán evaluados para el puesto en base a un criterio objetivo, sin tener en cuenta, entre otras: la raza, color, edad, religión, género, nacionalidad, discapacidad, orientación sexual, identidad de género, estatus de veterano protegido, o cualquier otra característica contemplada en la legislación aplicable vigente.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.