Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Mobile Applications Technical Lead located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through February 28, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
High level job descriptions and scope:
The mobile applications technical lead position will be part of a the Software Engineering Services (SES) Mobile Applications Team that develops, implements and operates (support) mobile software solutions that integrate, automate or otherwise simplify business processes and workflows. This position will provide practical, hands-on experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission), data engineering/data management practices and tools, and develop competencies in one or more development platforms (Xamarin, React Native, NativeScript, Swift, iOS, Android, cross-platform development).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Participate in all phases of mobile apps SDLC.
- Collaborate with technical teams (Azure / Cloud teams, Mobility Infrastructure / MDM, Enterprise Architecture, API / Integration teams).
- Lead, prioritize, and manage the mobile apps workload.
- Support the Business Units to grow Organizational Capability in the mobile apps space and help deliver apps to their customers.
- Own and be accountable for the mobile apps DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Design and develop apps leveraging established Chevron mobility technology standards and collaborate with internal partners to develop new technology standards as needs arise.
- Design and develop data engineering, data integration and data management practices and tools
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest mobility software engineering tools and practices for continuous integration, unit tests, static and dynamic profiling, code coverage, code analysis, and automated tests.
- Collaborate with other product teams to develop and share reusable software components and services, implement consistent automated builds and integrated builds, including managing build servers, build schedules, and build qualities.
- Provides full support of applications for break-fix, install, move, add, change, and preventative maintenance activities.
- Ensures adherence to IT Service Management (ITSM) incident and change management processes for application delivery.
- Assist and support data / information and application integration.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5+ years experience on the phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission)
- Experience with developing mobile apps - UI/UX design, device features, cross-platform support, back-end integration / APIs, user authentication and authorization, data services and reusable business logic,
- Knowledge of development technologies and methodologies such as : Cross-platform development tools (Xamarin, React Native, NativeScript, Cordova, etc.), Microsoft (.NET, C#, Azure cloud, Azure DevOps / VSTS), Objective-C, Java, DBMS, system and data integration, DevOps, Prototyping, AGILE/Scrum, object oriented design and development, APIs, service oriented architecture/microservices.
- The successful candidate is results-oriented and able to form strong partnerships with business and project teams. Highly motivated and a self-starter. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a diverse team. Ability to manage or work on multiple projects and tasks at one time. Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently while producing quality work. Flexible and adaptable when priorities shift due to changing situations.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.