Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Contracts Advisor located in Makati, Philippines through 13 February 2019.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides guidance on Annual Contracting and Procurement Plan (ACPP) and Contract Review Committee processes; manages ACPP within area of responsibility
- Provides guidance on the supplier qualification, Contract Compensation and Enablement, CF, and post award contract management processes
- Reviews documentation needed for SQ. Assure Scope of Works contain core elements
- Administers PACM activities and assures actions are complete in the appropriate system
- Prepares contract terms and conditions on contracts for in-country and international arena using approved contract models; understands and can educate business owners on the implications in the contracting process at an intermediate level
- Responsible for SQ and risk management for contracts and guides less experienced contracting professionals on documentation required
- Articulates transactability trade-offs regarding the various compensation methods and channels for contracts; evaluates and recommends options for situations requiring non-standard system setups; creates well written compensation schedules that maximize transactability.
- Leads teams in medium risk/value sourcing process; formulates contract/bid documentation models
- Prepares bid requests for new operations; creates and applies evaluation criteria (Sourcing)
- Provides analytical support for contract negotiations with guidance from subject matter expert (SME)
- Reviews scope of work for medium risk/value contracts, identifies and addresses gaps
- Acts as business unit SME on process interpretation and education; provides complex level input regarding process inefficiencies and recommendations
- Develops BU contracting processes (blue language) and or assists in periodic reviews of contracting procedure and in establishing key business process improvements
- Serves as a point of contact for both internal customers as well as the suppliers regarding contractual issues on contracts
- Provides guidance to company business owners in contracting policy, process, procedures, guidelines and best practices for medium risk/value contracts
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or business
- At least 5 years of Work related experience in contract formulation, negotiation of material and/or service contracts
- Experience in effective negotiation with contractors and completion of appropriate technical and commercial analysis to procure a variety of services at the best overall conditions
- Proven strategic sourcing and supplier management experience
- Ability to educate contractors regarding risk sharing, use of standard Chevron contract forms, risk insurance, bidding and contract preparation
- Must have strong work ethics
- Strong analytical and decision analysis skills
- Established track record in building strong internal and external relationships with Business Partners and Suppliers
- Demonstrates ability to clearly convey concepts and objectives orally; in presentations and in technical reports; both with all internal company stakeholders as well as externally
- Strong track record of driving contract process through completion
- Knowledge on P2P process
- Experience in the oil and gas industry or manufacturing environment
- Experienced in using Ariba / Ariba Contracts Workbench
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.