Skills: HR - General, LNG
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This hands-on position is responsible for supporting the Mozambique LNG project HR matters by delivering high quality tools, advice, guidance and service to executives, managers and employees in areas such as Talent Management, Workforce Strategy and Planning, Analytics, Performance Management, Recruiting, Organizational and Leadership Development, Career Management and Training, Compensation and Benefits, Change Management, Employee Relations and Compliance.
This position will be located at Anadarko corporate headquarters in The Woodlands, TX and will report to the HR Manager of Mozambique LNG.
The successful candidate will have at least eight (8) years of human resources experience. Prior experience in providing generalist support to major capital projects in the oil and gas industry is highly valued.
- Demonstrated prioritization of safety as a way of working.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, understand and anticipate stakeholder needs and collaborate to develop and deliver effective business focused solutions.
- Critical skills and competencies include excellent consultative and influencing skills, strategic thinking, business acumen and conflict management.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) to build trust and relationships within the organization.
- Demonstrate a high proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite, SAP, Visio, Taleo. Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage multiple priorities in a high activity environment.
- Strong understanding of professional human resources policies, practices and processes in use within the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively integrate and work with all HR functions and business teams, and experience working in a matrix reporting environment.
- A dynamic professional with the drive for results and demonstrated ability to innovate, create, continuously improve and deliver quality and timely results.
- Function as a strategic and operational partner to the business by anticipating business needs and contributing to the delivery of effective and innovative HR solutions aligned with APC's Values, HR strategies and Key Business Performance indicators.
- Collaborate early, frequently and effectively with fellow HR Business Partners and the wider HR team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies, practices, processes ensuring high quality and timely delivery and the use of sound change management techniques
- Provide guidance and support to employees as an interface/liaison on compensation, benefits, payroll, training
- Provide leadership clients with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in the areas noted above. Areas with particular emphasis will be:
- Define and implement HR programs to improve employee engagement and retention in the very competitive employment market.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues leveraging in-depth knowledge of employment law, APC Values, policy and practices.
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Efficiently execute day to day administrative processes and systems (e.g., transfers, terminations, approvals).
A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field is required; MBA or MS is a plus.
PHR, SPHR, GPHR or SHRM-SCP certification is strongly preferred.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
Travel will be required up to 20%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 or 5/40 work schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.