Skills: Subsea Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Description: MAIN FUNCTIONS
Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements. Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project's goals, objectives, and procedures. Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities, Level 3:
* Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
* Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
* Evaluation of new technology and deliver cost effective solutions for Deepwater and ultra-Deepwater drilling and completion operations
* Designing of pipelines (both rigid and flexible), flowlines, risers and their related facilities to connect subsea xmas trees to offshore platforms.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 20+ years' experience built in oilfield projects, both domestically and internationally
* Extensive understanding of production systems (control, distribution, production and transportation) and a background in engineering economic analysis.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
* Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
* Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
Release Comments: Please submit candidates for consideration by Friday morning 2/1/19.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.