Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Geismar, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Under general supervision, this position is responsible for creating, building and sustaining customer relationships, managing chemical accounts for customers, troubleshooting and scheduling.
- This position is responsible for oversight of day to day operations necessary to sustain our client accounts and for acquiring new business opportunities with new clients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to stabilize business in large, strategic accounts.
- Responsible for managing smaller accounts with combined revenues up to $1.0MM.
- This role will directly supervise field personnel in order to maintain and support accounts.
- Supervisory responsibilities consist of interviewing/selecting employees, providing performance feedback to employees through regular check in, directing/monitoring their work, and ensuring proper adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Pursue organic growth opportunities with existing customers and new opportunities with new customers.
- Technical requirements of this position include: knowledge of Multi- Chem's Athlon downstream product lines and their application, the capability to test, select and recommend products following established work methods.
- Provide technical support and escalate complaints as required.
- As the expert on the job site, may participate in collection of samples and will analyze associated data.
- Provide sound technical advice and recommendations to support customer operational requirements.
- Knowledge of chemical pump design and specifications and capacity to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Creates, builds and sustains custom chemical programs and optimizes those programs as opportunities arise.
- Knowledge of Microsoft product platforms.
- Provide clear, concise and routine reports and recommendations internally to management and externally to clients.
- Produce and present technical presentations.
- Utilize software to maintain customer financial & technical portfolios.
- Perform system analysis. Interpret data and develop recommendations to ensure operations are performing at an optimal level. Demonstrate strong leadership by coaching and training others and leading portions of District Meetings.
- Requires completion of high school diploma and a minimum of 1 year of experience in the water treatment business, which includes experience in the downstream and petrochemical industry.
- Prefer candidates with a Bachelor's of Science degree and 5 years' experience.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available for a Chemical Account Manager I up to a Chemical Account Manager II.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
31073 Terminal Court , Geismer , Louisiana , 70734 , United States
Requisition Number: 69825
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Multi-Chem
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.