Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Chief Engineer/Chief Mechanic is responsible for the mechanical operations, propulsion, maintenance and electrical installations of the unit. The Chief Engineer/Chief Mechanic is responsible for the supervision of the technical department on board and ensures that all engineering crew will work safely. Offshore Experience on Jack up accommodation barge is mandatory.
Qualifications and Certifications
The preferred educational level and amount of experience for this function is:
· Chief Engineer STCW, III/2
· Experience as Chief Engineer on Self-Propelled Jack Up vessel type (2 years).
· Experience of jacking operations on similar vessel type, min. 10 rig moves.
• Chief Mechanic Recognised Qualification OR
• Experience as Chief Mechanic on Jack Up vessel type (5 years).
• Preferable experience as Jacking Engineer, min.10 rig moves.