Skills: Pipeline Operator, Pipeline Services, Process Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lovington, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Priority 1 - Immediate need
Responsible for well operations, gas lifted wells, ESP's, three phase separation, gas compression, control board operation, pipeline operation, minor maintenance of valve, pumps and rotating equipment and assisting the other operators and craft personnel in their duties. Prepares for and performs maintenance, taking readings, doing rounds, issuing work permits, following procedures, initiating work requests, writing procedures, and interfacing with support groups. Proactively monitors well and equipment performance, take appropriate action to maximize production. Works with support groups to optimize chemical pump rates based on production data (corrosion, paraffin, soap injection, etc.). Interfaces with Engineering for data gathering requests. Track test compression data. Conducts fluid levels with echo meter.
Typically requires 3-5 years of experience. Intermediate level. Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support. General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department. Performs routine tasks. Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Multi-Skilled Operator / Pipeline Technician in Loving, NM. Wood is looking for someone who can efficiently and safely operate and maintain various equipment/systems including automatic pigging launchers, manual pigging launchers, pipeline main line block valves.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Multi-Skilled position that is responsible for the maintenance of company Pipeline and associated above ground facilities.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and safely operate and maintain various equipment/systems including automatic pigging launchers, manual pigging launchers, pipeline main line block valves
- Work within the guidelines and parameters established by the Company for safety and operations. Be knowledgeable of company, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Inspect, maintain and repair as needed all facilities as assigned, including but not limited to pipelines, compression, and measurement facilities
- On-call responsibility for areas of responsibility as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of regulatory requirements, (OSHA, DOT, etc) document required regulatory activities
- Proven knowledge and understanding of procedures used to safely pig pipeline, i.e. launching, receiving and inspection
- Plan, organize and prioritize assigned responsibilities and work independently
- Manage all activities with a focus on safety and compliance
- Use proper tools and equipment to perform integrity management and regulatory tasks on oil or liquids pipelines
- Monitor activity in and around pipeline and facilities and respond as necessary to protect system integrity
- Maintain required forms, records and reports
- Respond to pipeline emergencies; perform cleanup associated with field ops and corrosion control activities
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required. Vo-Tech certification or Associate's Degree in technical field preferred
- Minimum of 5 year of industry experience is preferred
- Have good computer skills
- The ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions
- Ability to effectively manage priorities while working with various types of people. Must be accountable and self-driven to learn and to develop and improve the skills
- Candidate will be a self-motivated and self-directed individual with good communications skills
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions and be available for callouts
#zr #wood14 #rz
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Diversity Statement (EEO) Spanish
Somos una empresa comprometida con la igualdad de oportunidades que reconoce el valor de la diversidad de las personas. Todas las personas que cumplan con los requisitos profesionales de las ofertas serán evaluados para el puesto en base a un criterio objetivo, sin tener en cuenta, entre otras: la raza, color, edad, religión, género, nacionalidad, discapacidad, orientación sexual, identidad de género, estatus de veterano protegido, o cualquier otra característica contemplada en la legislación aplicable vigente.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.