Skills: Control Room Operations
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tioga, North Dakota, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently a position open for a Control Room Operator in Tioga, ND. Control Room Operator schedule is one week on, one week off - starting on Thursdays.
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
The primary responsibility of the Control Room Operator is to monitor the functionality of well sites and facilities for the purpose of detecting active and potential malfunctions and equipment failures. The Control Room Operator ensures the safe and efficient operation of processes, systems and associated equipment, and will be able to identify if production shutdown is necessary, where unsafe conditions are identified.
- Monitors producing wells/pads, compressor stations, the gas plant and sales lines from a central control room located at the field office
- Monitoring is done from a computer console with multiple screens, ties to our SCADA system
- Parameters that are monitored include: producing rate, flowing pressure and temperature, gas plant and gas sales lines including BTU values, flow rates, pressures, temperatures and fuel usage
- Notifies field (Lease Operators) or mid-stream (Compressor Operator) personnel of the problem and has them rectify it
- If additional manpower is required to resolve the problem, the Control Room Operator may coordinate mobilizing the needed manpower
- Serves as command post for coordinating movement of responders in emergency situations, at least until a temporary Incident Command Center can be set up
- Continually monitor a wide range of data and make calls and adjustments as required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in operating high pressure and high temperature petroleum hydroprocessing pilot plants
- Working experience in handling petroleum residues and other petroleum products
- Good knowledge about computer controlled operation of pilot units
- Hands on experience for the maintenance of various mechanical equipments such as pumps, compressors and valves
- Good interpersonal relationship to work in a team
#ZR #RZ #WOOD14
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.