Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Dynamic Pressure Management (MPD / UBD), Workover or Completion
Other Skills: Project Engineer, Process Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Midstream Operations Engineer reports to the EVP of Operations and Engineering and will support day-to-day operations with responsibilities including troubleshooting, process optimization and improvement, and improving product quality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly interacts with field operations leadership and field personnel to analyze operational problems, develop alternatives and recommend optimal solutions
- Seeks and identifies opportunities to optimize systems, save costs and improve our operations and maximize operating performance & value. Owns the identified projects through to implementation.
- Provides initial design engineering, scope development, timelines and cost estimates for maintenance expense and/or capital jobs as well as growth capital project
- Coordinates with construction crews to ensure execution on desired scope of work
- Works closely with the project manager or assumes the role of Project Manager for individual projects or programs as needed
- Ensure all facility plans and P&IDs are in place
- Participates or leads PHAs for processing facilities and is responsible for identifying projects to address identified issues
- Performs hydraulic simulations of pressures and flow rates through pipelines transporting oil, NGLs or natural gas
- Works in coordination with the commercial team in new growth project development, providing iterations and various options for initial feasibility designs & cost estimates
- Maintain the calculation basis for unit's permits and prepare emission event calculations.
- Provide production and process optimization, troubleshooting, data analysis, and technical support to the operations organization.
- Develop process standards, operating procedures, diagrams, training materials, and job aids as required to properly document, teach, and manage site operations.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain reliability improvement techniques such as predictive and preventive maintenance, root cause analysis, and risk based inspection.
- Track variable costs and look for ways to reduce those costs via process optimization.
- Organize, lead, and participate in improvement initiatives, projects, and process optimization teams to deliver specific, focused, time bound improvement objectives.
- Ensures the execution of assigned projects with quality workmanship, on-time, on-budget in accordance with the proposed scope of work
- Analyzes and optimizes natural gas processing plant recoveries
- Meet with various local, state and federal agencies regarding assigned projects as needed
Education and Experience
- Seven (7) years minimum oil, gas, or process engineering including applicable experience in oil and gas services or engineering project management
- Ability to work with operations team to maximize value generated from each asset
- Ability to size relief valves for both gas and liquids
- Ability to generate cost detailed cost estimates for projects
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional and solutions-oriented approach with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively and share ideas
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) is required.
- Working knowledge of reliability improvement techniques such as predictive and preventive maintenance, root cause analysis, risk based inspections, and total productive maintenance is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.