Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Amega West Services is a global leader in the manufacture and rental of O&G drilling equipment and downhole tools for vertical, directional, and horizontal drilling. A company of Carpenter Technology Corporation, Amega West combines its superior service quality with Carpenter's high-performance CarTech® materials to provide equipment and tools with superior mechanical properties and corrosion resistance in HPHT drilling conditions and wellbore environments.
- Participate with management in updating territory plan and set sales goals. Determine sales potential for new and existing customers through inquiry, observation or periodical research. Prepare and conduct sales presentations of products to new and existing customers. Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products.
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction. Increase business and account base by finding and qualifying new business accounts using sales techniques to cross sell and up-sell. Maintain and improve customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Learn and apply new product knowledge to enhance sales and personal professionalism. Assist clients with special requests and problems (supply information, resolve complaints, etc).
- Visit job sites as needed to measure or provide client services. Gather competitive information and other market information regularly while interacting cooperatively with other members of the distribution team. Negotiate and establish pricing and terms according to company's requirements for customer transaction profitability.
- Prepare and present quotations. Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products. Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts.
- Monitor customers' current credit status. Remain current with changes in local codes and consumer preferences. Remain current on product and industry knowledge by attending sales meetings, vendor training, trade shows or reading trade journals.
- Follow company policies and procedures. Practice honesty and integrity in customer and vendor relations. Maintain technical and computer capability to effectively use contact management, distribution and office software. Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors. Participate in trade association functions as well as be active in local industry organizations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. High School Diploma / GED certification required. 2+ years in similar position, showing progressively increasing responsibility.
- Requires valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Product/applications experience required. Wholesale distribution experience required. Field & City Sales experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products and distribution software. Ability to read engineering drawing and blueprints.
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales. Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent listening and interpersonal skills, excellent customer service and negotiating skills. Excellent problem solving and analytical ability.
- Requires a professional demeanor, team player who works productively with a wide range of people. Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Motivated self-started, comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Experience monitoring market to identify business opportunities. Technical expertise and knowledge of company products. Ability to manage time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Requires strong business math skills, organization skills, presentation and public speaking skills.