Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for an O&M Specialist / Senior Mechanical / Maintenance Authority to join their team in Aberdeen on a full time permanent basis.
- To be the Operations and Maintenance Functional Lead in support of the Project Delivery Director
- To support contract/project managers in meeting their operations and maintenance discipline related goals and objectives within WorleyParsons Services UK Ltd contracts, brownfield and greenfield projects and O&M contracts
- To support the development and implementation of WorleyParsons' production operations and maintenance capabilities
- Accountable for setting & implementing strategies and policies for the Operations & Maintenance function
- Disseminate technical knowledge and deliver technical expertise, particularly in the Mechanical Discipline, in support of the business, including leading technical audits.
Key aims and objectives
- To support and assure safe delivery and environmentally compliant production operations and maintenance workscopes
- To guide the O&M contracts in optimizing the maintenance and availability of all offshore plant and equipment to safely achieve production targets
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Demonstrate Safety and Functional Leadership and support Emergency Response arrangements as required
- Ensure compliance with statutory, corporate and customer HSE requirements
- Senior Mechanical Technical Authority accountable for Mechanical Operations discipline to assure the safety, legal compliance and quality of all mechanical personnel in O&M operations by continuous improvement of performance standards, leadership & guidance, training and workforce capability & competency within WorleyParsons Services UK Ltd.
- Provide Operations support to the O&M function across all contracts and business development opportunities as required.
- Co-ordinate with WorleyParsons globally on Mechanical Technical Authority issues and standards. Manage the process of appointment of Technical Authorities within the O&M function.
- Input to the Production Operations and Maintenance strategies for business development
- Set the standards for measurement and monitoring of the total maintenance effort and implementation of continuous performance improvement programs
- Monitor corporate key performance indicators for each O&M contract and report against agreed objectives.Input to the O&M Audit year plan and conduct audits/peer reviews to meet the planProvide O&M input to business development initiatives, including Pre-Quals, ITT bids and marketing material
- Develop and implement practices, processes and procedures to meet the requirements of being a Duty Holder
- Provide guidance on maintenance training to meet legislative and contract requirements
- Manage the technical content of WorleyParsons' competency system and ensure appropriate technical standards are set for both Blue collar and white collar workers
- Assist in recruitment process as required, conducting interviews and responding to HR queries on personnel suitability.
Allied occasional duties
- Interface with HSE in all matters as required, particularly when associated with the role of Senior Electrical Authority for WorleyParsons Services UK Ltd.
- Provide technical support to O&M Operations.
- Develop and present to potential customers, the WorleyParsons O&M capability
- Chair Disciplinary hearings or Grievance Reviews, as required
- Attend Incident Review Panel meetings, as required
- Lead Incident Investigation teams, as required
- Contribute to Succession Planning activities
- Participate as Crisis Management team member, as required
Key internal interfaces
- Other Functional Leads
- Maintenance Director
- Project Delivery Director
- Contract Managers
- Project Managers
- WorleyParsons Contract, Project and Functional Technical Authorities
- WorleyParsons Functions / managers including HSE, HR, recruitment, L&D
Key external interfaces
- Statutory Bodies and Engineering Institutions (especially IET)
- Certifying & Verification authorities
- Customer Technical Authorities
- Training Providers
- Oil & Gas UK Users Group
- 3rd party service providers & suppliers
Qualifications / Training
- Degree qualified in Engineering
- Chartered Engineer, Member of relevant technical institution (eg MIET)
- NVQ4 in Maintenance Operations
- ISSOW (or similar Control of Work system) Performing and Isolation Authority
- Considerable experience in asset operations, including in an offshore environment
- Extensive experience in Maintenance & Mechanical operations and discipline in the offshore oil & gas environment
- Planning, risk assessment and execution of operations in oil & gas environment
- Assessment of discipline personnel in a competency assurance environment based on objective assessment principles.
- Considerable Design, Operations and Maintenance experience at a senior/managerial level within the oil& gas industry
- Technical audit practitioner, particularly with experience in auditing operating procedures and guidance
- Development of procedures, technical guidance notes and performance standards
- Proven leadership experience
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to respond to the varying priorities of an operational environment.
- Good planning and organising skills
- Good team player and communication skills
- Networking and ability to establish constructive working relationships with operatives, supervisors, project managers, functional advisors, client technical focal points and regulators
- Discipline approach to workflow management and the management of change
Competencies - Generic
- Operations Planning
- Operational Supervision
- Risk Assessment
- Operative selection
- Competency assurance and assessment
- Control of Work/Safe Systems of Work
- Maintenance techniques
- Maintenance analysis and driving implementation of resulting improvement/change
Competencies - Technical
- Planning of Mechanical and multi-discipline workscopes and operations
- Execution of mechanical workscopes and operations
- Guidance on Electrical workpack design and implementation, particularly of complex systems and equipment.
- Approval of Operational Risk Assessments with Mechanical content
- Considerable knowledge of management of Safety Critical Elements and equipment and Safety Cases to give guidance and leadership to operational contracts
- Application and administration of pertinent regulations.