Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Operations Management, Logistics Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Contracts Specialist (Logistics & Operations) for a contract position, location in Aberdeen
Provides contract administration and commercial support to Logistics and Operations teams, developing highly effective relationships with all team members.
- Leads the tendering, evaluation and negotiation process in relation to the award of high value/complex related contracts and agreements for logistics and operations/activities and makes recommendations to management on tender strategies, contractor selection and contract award.
- Working closely with assigned department(s), prepares tender strategies and ITT documentation for master services contracts/agreements. Commercial management of long-term master services contracts ensuring best value.
- Negotiates and administers call-off orders against master service contracts for logistics and operations contracts, ensuring correct contract terms are applied.
- Negotiates and places BIMCO Charter Party agreements for long term and spot hire vessels (ERRV / PSV / AHT).
- Prepares detailed quantitative and qualitative tender evaluation including assessment of contract risk.
- Responsible for contract risk mitigation and commercial optimisation.
- Liaises with key internal stakeholders to evaluate tenders, obtain contract award approvals and contract execution.
- Takes a lead role in contractual and commercial negotiations in accordance with contracting principles, ensuring risk mitigation and commercial optimisation.
- Provision of post-award administration support including contract amendment and variation administration.
- Acts as a key negotiator in relation to contract dispute resolution.
- Responsible for key supplier performance and relationship management, including frequent performance feedback sessions, utilising FPAL feedback as appropriate.
- Provides specialist advice and guidance to assigned department(s) on contracting and other supply chain matters.
- Maintains an up to date understanding of the short, medium and long term strategic and operational requirements of assigned department(s) and aligns resources and activities with business objectives.
- Takes a lead role in identifying and developing opportunities to create value and improve service delivery through effective contract management techniques.
- Ensures that the Supply Chain department Procurement Plan is kept up to date on a month-end basis as a minimum or more regularly as may be required.
- Provides support to the Contracts & Procurement Manager and other teams members as required.
Qualifications/ Training Required
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in a Business/ Commercial or Quantity Surveying related discipline
- Working towards CIPS accreditation
Experience / Knowledge Required
- Considerable experience gained in an oil and gas contracts administration role, performing comparable duties in an Operator
- Extensive experience in logistics and operations contracts
- Strong experience in contract and commercial negotiations
- Detailed knowledge of LOGIC model contracts
- Detailed knowledge of BIMCO Charter Party contracts
- Proven ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with a wide range of suppliers, vendors and service companies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop relationships with internal stakeholders across the business
- Willing to be 'hands on' to manage all types of contracts, large and small
- Considerable experience of Microsoft office packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Oracle/Maximo or similar ERP/procurement & materials systems