Skills: Commercial Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for a Senior Commercial Manager in Aberdeen with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This position will ensure contract commercial coordination of projects is in accordance with WorleyParsons' policies and procedures. This position will also provide functional oversight and support to a team of commercial managers on projects. An excellent senior commercial manager will have an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities. The goal is to promote and expand the company's commercial activity that will generate revenues, mitigate risk, and lead to sustainable growth.
- Continuously review the company's commercial policies to ensure they align with company objectives,
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and demonstrate correct HSE behaviours and leadership
- Ensuring that adequate and appropriate commercial resources are deployed on project
- Liaison with WorleyParsons insurance department regarding project specific insurance requirements and insurance claims
- Development of project subcontracting strategies in conjunction with Project Supply Chain Manager
- Ensuring that subcontract documentation is maintained in accordance with WorleyParsons policy and procedural requirements
- Drive Commercial Excellence throughout the business using performance data as appropriate to ensure expected results are delivered and margin is maximised.
- Work with the senior management team across the organisation to ensure strategies are supported and embedded in the business with particular focus on safety, cost, profitability, quality, customer service and price management.
- Ensuring that cost/value reporting and end life forecasting on project are undertaken in accordance with WorleyParsons policies and procedures and that the appropriate values are reflected in the management accounts
- Ensuring that all projects have updated contract rates and submitted in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Ensuring projects are in compliance with the preparation and submission of claims
- Ensuring that appropriate training and development provided for project commercial personnel
- Coach and performance manage all direct reports and the wider commercial function to drive a high performance culture through the teams.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors -Insurance Department - Finance Department - Treasury Department - Client commercial personnel - External auditors
- University graduate or above in Quantity Surveying, Law, Business Studies or other appropriate discipline
- Extensive experience in senior commercial roles in the oil and gas industry, ideally in both Operator and Contractor environments
- Membership of a professional institution (eg RICS) desirable but not required
- Specific competencies to be in accordance with WorleyParsons commercial management competence scheme