- Ensure that fit for purpose 'flaws' are identified, fit for purpose mitigation plans defined, action parties and dates agreed and agreed on actions implemented with closure documented, throughout all the phase of the Turnaround.
- Implementation of the Flawless strategy and plans, including training and communications plans. Coach and guide staff and contractor's team on flawless related issues.
- Establish and implement the Flawless Turnaround Management Plan. Define, implement and monitor flawless performance (leading and lagging) indicators. Ensure targets are monitored, in case of deviations pro-actively advise and propose corrective measures. Collate and manage all Flawless KPIs from Turnaround representatives. Proactively address poor metrics in order to improve performance.
- Interface with the inspectors, contractor's representatives and Shell personnel to facilitate the Flawless Delivery process.
- Work with other OU on capturing/submitting additional Flaws/Lessons learned.
- Support disciplines by Identify Flaws and Lessons Learned from all sources that apply to the project that need to mitigate.
- Provides clear support and direction to the TA teams for application of the Flawless principles
- Participate in the T/A Assurance activities for the Flawless health check part pre and during Turnaround. Monitor and track execution of assurance activity to ensure compliance.
- Participate in reviews of the work plans and schedules to ensure Flawless principles are applied in the most efficient way.
- Provide guidance to T/A preparation team on how to include Flawless element in the preparation work; and to that purpose organise and deliver, if necessary with P&T support, the appropriate Flawless workshops
- Provide assistance to Turnaround Flawless Lead on Flawless management during the execution phase.
- Provide guidance to TA Execution teams regarding integrity matters during execution and ensure all repair work is fit for purpose.
- Lead and facilitate CI in TA processes including Handover Process.
- Gathering data and provide an update for "Lessons Learned" web page and bulletin
Key challenges :
- Interfacing and communicating with maintenance, contractors and operations personnel to ensure all work is properly permitted and executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- The Flawless program is based on a list of flaws that occurred in many previous turnarounds/projects and specific flaws that have been identified. Key challenge is to make sure that previous turnaround, flaws are avoided on this turnaround
- Flawless activities are often seen as 'extra' by turnaround and contractors that are already heavily loaded with work. Key challenge is to make sure the Flawless activities are still picked up at the right time.
- Possess continuous improvement (CI) initiatives and mindset. Preferably trained personnel and with facilitation experiences.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
Education level/work experiences:
- Diploma / Degree preferably in an engineering discipline or minimum 10 years relevant field experiences in Oil and Gas Industry, preferably with turnaround management.
- Willing to work for an 8-month contract
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise First values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process.
- HSSE critical job competency - KNOWLEDGE
- Thorough understanding of maintenance process principles -SKILL
- IT knowledge intermediate level - KNOWLEDGE
- Plant operation/manufacturing - KNOWLEDGE
- The team working, networking and coaching - SKILL
- HR management skills - KNOWLEDGE
- Failure diagnosis - SKILL
- Turnaround Management Framework - SKILL
- AMS Process - AWARENESS
- Continuous improvement - SKILL
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.