London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: To define
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
KCA Deutag are currently looking for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to join one of our projects located in London on a 12 month, contract basis.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, KCA DEUTAG Management Systems.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards.
- Supervision of Discipline Engineers under own control, and for the technical content and quality of work produced by these discipline personnel.
- Direction of Discipline Designer(s) allocated to own area of responsibility and frequent liaison to ensure coordination.
- Production of cost effective engineering solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both KCA DEUTAG and the Client. Motivation of discipline personnel allocated to own area of responsibility to do similarly.
- Originating engineering documentation for allocated workscopes, e.g. calculations, design reports and specifications, and checking similar documentation and workpacks created by others.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel and, if beneficial, carrying out presentations to site personnel regarding changes to their installation.
- Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
- Raising requisitions for purchase of engineered items and services, as directed by the Lead Discipline Engineer.
- Execution of work within manhour budget and time schedule.
- Early identification to the Lead Discipline Engineer of areas of concern during the course of any project or study with necessary corrective action identified.
- Checking engineering content of design deliverables for allocated workscopes, e.g. drawings, bills of material.
- Review of Supplier / Vendor documents.
- Communication, where appropriate, with Engineers of other disciplines to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Technical input to procurement activities and raising requisitions for purchase of engineered items and services.
- Identification of increase or reduction in scope of work and advising the Lead Discipline Engineer accordingly.
- Following discipline procedures for document control and use and retention of check prints / IDC comments prints as directed by the Lead Discipline Engineer.
- Representation of KCA DEUTAG with Clients and Suppliers / Vendors in a professional manner.
- Assistance to the Lead Discipline Engineer as directed.
Key Skills & Experience
- Degree in chemical engineering or equivalent
- Oil & Gas experience
- Design of utility systems
- Design of non-Newtonian fluid systems
- Central London
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.