Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of HRBP located in Ningbo , Zhejiang /China ,
HR Partnership for Leadership team
• Partners with line management in providing necessary HR management tools and actively participates in the planning, development and implementation of those tools.
• Collaborates with employees to ensure that HR services provided are meeting line management and employee needs within a demand management framework.
• Responsible for the implementation of standardized policies and practices wherever possible on site.
• Member of plant leadership team as appropriate.
• Lead business value-added initiative for the line management and follow up with implementation.
• Supports and consults with Management in the deployment of key development processes such as PDC, PMP, PASA, people development etc.
Staffing & Selection
• Facilitates the selection of the best possible candidates to fill vacancies and new positions by ensuring that the CVX Selection Process is followed
• Accountable for the effective management of the recruitment process.
• Assists management to identify skills, competencies and sourcing alternatives to meet their business plans.
• Maintains inventory of key personnel and offers advice on staff retention.
• 3rd party contractor management - Lead 3rd party contractor service procurement, react quickly to manpower request for 3rd party contractor from local BU, suggest most effective management way and coordinate any issues
Compensation & Benefit
• Ensures that appropriate compensation and benefit policies and salaries/compensation packages are always in place and understood by staff.
• In partnership with TR and consultation with PRC HR, researches, develops and recommends appropriate salary and benefit structures for the local market that are competitive and cost effective.
• Possesses knowledge of and insight on trends and changes in local labor market, pay trend and legislative developments which impact on the company's remuneration practices.
• Ensures the effective administration of the company's compensation and benefit programs.
• Interpretation of Local HR Policy and Labor Law
• Administers formal consultation processes
• Investigation support for grievances, complaints and legal claims, counsel and support for resolving performance and disciplinary issues.
• Adapting global process to ensure local cultural and compliance fit.
• Issues handling including morale, compliance etc.
HR Operations, SAP HR System and Communication
• To maintain on-going communications with the line managers for the purpose of assisting them in the identification of human resources issues in their functional/operational areas in order to design, recommend and implement human resources programs that are responsive to line management needs and business objectives.
• To support management in the creation and maintenance of a work environment that fosters positive employee contribution, collaboration, and a commitment to quality and customer service
• Other HR ad hoc support when necessary
• Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor's degree or above
• At least 5 years' work experience in HR with solid work experience in employee relations
• Exposure in manufacturing is a plus
• Must be knowledgeable of China labor law
• Fluency in both Chinese and English
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.