Skills: HR - General
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of HR Business Partner located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through March 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- The HR Business Partner (HRBP) role is involved in a variety of business activities that focus on enhancing organizational performance, developing a competent and committed workforce and building organizational capabilities that directly impact business strategies.
- Integrate & apply strong knowledge of HR policies, initiatives and processes by counseling & partnering with business functions in a variety of situations to drive business plan & objectives. Situations will cover broad HR disciplines, including compensation, organizational capability, HR processes, laws, talent management, employee relations, labor relations and staffing.
- Delivers HR services to their client base, whether provided directly or brokered through HR Shared Service partners.
- Influences to achieve impact on HR strategies and processes and champions best practice sharing.
- Has decision making authority within discipline; clients rely on judgment; solves wide range of complex problems; actively seeks out resources; fosters a sense of teamwork with HR shared services, and recommends HR strategies to help clients achieve business plan goals.
- Partners with Business Units in delivering BU specific activities such as strategic planning, annual workforce development, and business planning.
- Creates, develops, and deploys BU specific training/competency building program designs in partnership with Business Unit.
- Guides the Business Unit in developing competency gap analysis & designing capability building packages
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive HR generalist/business partner experience.
- Broad HR experience in a variety of HR disciplines, including compensation, organizational capability, HR processes, laws, talent management, and employee relations.
- Demonstrated change management and influencing skills with line management.
- Project management skills and projects leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, influencing, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be flexible to changing priorities, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and be customer focused while understanding the need for absolute confidentiality.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and guidance and independently set own work priorities.
- Computer skills: effectively able to use technology and streamlines processes such as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Selected candidate will work in the Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law)
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.
E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.