Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Business Analyst located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through February 26, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The successful candidate for this position will be part of International Sites and Card (IS&C) of Downstream and Chemicals IT. IS&C deploy, manage and support IT Systems that enable our retail business and card marketing operations in Asia Pacific region. Supported systems include, NAMOS Head Office and Back Office System, Point of Sale (POS), Card and Payment, Host Authorizer, Loyalty, Mobile Application and Customer Analytics. The role will benefit from broad exposure to business partners and learning critical business processes of the different retail and card operations in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia and Philippines. The person in this position will have the opportunity to be part of retail and card systems evolution and it would be a challenging, demanding, and rewarding place to work in the years ahead.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Support IT projects by working closely with other SMEs, PMO, In-Country Retail Automation (RA) in the planning, deployment, deriving system requirement specification based on business need that gets translated to IT specifications. Understands business use of technology.
- Help design business processes around software application functionality
- Resolves technical issues, acts as escalation point and conducts deeper level of investigation and works with service providers for resolution.
- Leads and support testing plans on projects, enhancements and system fixes.
- Facilitates meetings with remote stakeholders and vendors across the region
- Effective communicator (oral and written); able to convey clearly status of issues and changes and why to all levels of staff across the organization.
- Act as a liaison between Business and Technology stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or other relevant fields.
- At least 5+ years' experience with knowledge in 2 or more areas e.g., retail, card and payment systems, business analysis, testing and integration, production support with good overarching understanding on retail petroleum marketing and store systems.
- Critical thinking skills for framing, analysis, and synthesis of complex issues
- Ability to communicate written and verbally with both business partners and other IT support across cultural and geographic boundaries
- Ability to work with multiple teams and influence/drive to deliver results
- Fosters collaboration, teamwork and trust
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and juggle multiple complex tasks
- Willingness to take ownership and show initiative to achieve results
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law)
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.
E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.