- Assists senior technicians in daily fieldwork independently and prepares and completes supporting documentation to the standards of the petrochemical industry.
- Adhere to safe working practices and conditions. Carry out maintenance work in a safe manner and strictly adhering with Company HSSE system and procedures along with good housekeeping practices.
- Execute the HEMP and Safety Critical Activities in accordance to specific performance standard as per AMS processes & align with CD&A for safe and reliable operation.
- Continuously updates the computerised maintenance management system SAP for the recording of instrument maintenance data, creating and maintaining an efficient maintenance environment. Ensures all maintenance documentation is completed correctly, particularly the maintenance log type of fault, works carried out and time.
- Participates in regular safety and housekeeping audits.
- Assist Senior Technicians in carrying out an instrument or QMI (Quality Measuring Instrument) field activities during a major shutdown.
- Assist Senior Technicians to execute IPF (Instrument Protection Function) tests and records the results.
- Executes standard daily maintenance activities such as preventive maintenance jobs, minor repair, reconditioning, installation and workbench calibration on individual field instruments or QMI to meet high on-stream availability, reliability and plant integrity independently
- Able to troubleshoot on simple loops, investigate causes of System cabinet alarms and able to work on redundant digital systems such as replacing components and returning the system to standby position
- Supervises, if required, work carried out by contractor personnel and ensures that the activities are carried out safely in accordance with the agreed work procedures and/or permits
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Diploma or Certificate in electrical, electronic or instrument engineering with no working experience; with four (4) years working experience in field instrumentation in a Petrochemical or Oil and Gas Refinery environment.
- Knowledge of specific Conventional Instrument and QMI (Quality Measuring Instrument) maintenance and repair. Knowledge of IPF (Instrument Protection Function) testing practices and aware of IPF methodology.
- Conversant with the full integration of the control system with IPS and other instrument subsystems.
- Technically conversant with process controls. Good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization. The ability to work across the multicultural society of Malaysia
- Maintaining the plant field instrumentation to achieve high standard reliability, integrity, and availability and recommend solutions to maximize the process on stream time by elimination of bad actors
- Ensuring IPF tests are carried out safely and without incident in line with the procedures and work instructions, accurately and fully recording the results of the tests and continuously advising supervisors of opportunities for improvements.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.