Skills: Project Management, Design Engineer, Drafting
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Leader Engineering are currently looking for a 'Sustaining Engineer' for one of the leading oil & gas service companies in Houston, TX.
- Houston, TX
- Monday - Friday
- 8am to 5pm
- Permanent Staffing
- Starting Salary: $75K
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
- Successfully undertake technical projects.
- Design, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests.
- Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation.
- May present solutions to clients.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts.
- Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers.
- May mentor junior engineers regarding technical matters.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the PLMP custom form of the project.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans.
- Provide training and support to clients and field representatives.
- Prepare technical documentation through InTouch and in a timely fashion.
- Make presentations effectively to technical and management audiences.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Share expertise via Eureka and SIGs and expand the informal network throughout the organization: field, research, engineering, manufacturing, other domains and clients.
- Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organization and business. Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy.
- Implements and complies with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
- Prior experience within Oil & Gas is favorable.
- Prior experience within a similar environment is required.
What we Offer
Established in 2005, Leader Engineering provides a complete range of contract and
permanent talent solutions to Oil and Gas Upstream, Midstream, Renewable,
Environmental and Civils projects globally. Through our understanding of technical
job specifics we can provide unparalleled levels of support to both our clients and
personnel. We offer complete management of the recruitment process including
mobilization and ongoing infield support. Our Consultant Care Initiative has been
designed to ensure that our personnel are kept informed, safe and secure whilst on
Leader Engineering, today a renowned provider of oil and gas consultants to the energy industry worldwide, was originally formed in 2005 by an engineering family from Scotland, a country which has long enjoyed an outstanding international reputation for engineering. In everything we do, we set ourselves the highest standards, and our partners often comment on our ability to remain professional whilst still being approachable and friendly.
Founded originally as an “administrative entity” for processing the inevitable paperwork, Leader Engineering has evolved steadily over the years to become a recognised leader in engineering consultancy services.
Our resultant in-depth understanding of the oil and gas market, paired with our own in-house engineering knowledge and skills, means we are ideally placed to protect the interests of our consultants.