Skills: Chemical Engineering, Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Project Engineer - Methanol
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
NES Global Talent is looking Project Engineer with 5+ years of experience on the Owner/Operator side.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Ensure effective delivery of projects
- Manage projects to contract terms, goals and objectives whilst remaining compliant with the integrated management system
- Ensure Projects adhere to the Project Management Process through all phases.
- Provide leadership, direction and motivation to the project team
- Coach and mentor the team to ensure full compliance
- Clarify and document scope, estimates with Sales team during hand-overs
- Lead and manage project 'kick-off' meetings.
- Prepare project plans & schedules, calculating time requirements, sequencing activities, producing operations procedures and equipment lists for assigned projects.
- Generate technical reports as and when required
- Identify risks & implement appropriate response planning
- Managing project changes, including variation or concession requests
- Ensure Project procurement's are considered in terms of cost, time and quality.
- Prepare documentation packs for workshop activities
- Select correct tools and equipment to fulfill operational requirements
- Liaise with Design Department and Product Leaders to ensure all calculations are carried out
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience working on the Owner side is required.
- Methanol experience is strongly preferred.
- Petrochemical experience is required.
- Field experience is preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.