Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Fixed Equipment Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
NES Global Talent is looking Fixed Equipment Engineer who has 5+ years of experience on the Owner/Operator side.
The Mechanical Engineer will participate in a multi- discipline team that provides general Engineering, Construction oversight and Operations support to Project during design, construction, startup and commissioning, and plant operations after handover.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Meet and communicate with vendors
- Meet and communicate with EPC contractor
- Interdisciplinary communication within Owner project team.
- Review mechanical specifications, data sheets and other design documents & provide written comments to EPC Contractor within given time frame
- Good knowledge of static equipment's & familiar with ASTM codes.
- Good knowledge of rotating equipment's and good awareness of API codes.
- Good knowledge of inspection and test plans related to mechanical equipment and Factory testing.
- Knowledge of commissioning and start-up and requirements for cleanliness, site checks and first operation.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to the EPC vendor and other design disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- Participates in reviews of PFD's and P&ID's.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists and specialty item lists.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services' activities.
- Supervises and directs the activities of other personnel in his team.
- Provides input to estimates, proposals, scheduling, manpower planning, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working on the Owner side is required.
- Methanol experience is strongly preferred.
- Petrochemical experience is required.
- Field experience is preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.