The Senior Analyst Commercial Credit acts as 1 of 3 primary Americas contact within the Global T&S Credit Risk organization for credit risk management & support for Trading and Supply, supporting SENA (Shell Energy North America), SEB (Shell Energy Brazil), STRM (Shell Trading Risk Management), SEM (Shell Energy Mexico) and other new frontiers. Primary focus will be on credit risk management and trade credit approval, contract negotiations (NAESB, EEI, ISDA), portfolio credit management, customer interfacing and stakeholder management. This includes meeting and negotiating credit language with customers and execution of credit contractual terms. Direct interaction with T&S traders where quick decisions must be executed balancing risk/reward in decision making to optimize value and control and manage credit risk.
- Act as a primary day-to-day interface within the Global T&S Credit Risk organization with commercial, financial, legal, contract admin and treasury stakeholders with respect to the execution of the deals/trades in carrying out credit risk strategies for assigned portfolio within the Americas Trading Portfolio.
- Offering world-class risk management techniques and insights to the business to enable the best possible risk / reward decision to be reached, including developing new strategies or techniques for optimization.
- Liaise with Trade Finance lead to ensure proper credit risk mitigation tools are properly negotiated, optimized, executed and managed.
- Work closely with the SARP Analytics team to drive improvements in reporting and/or processes in delivering reporting and MI.
- Ensure all commercial activities entered into by the above portfolio of STn entities remain in compliance with the approved global Shell T&S Credit Policy.
- Attend the bi-weekly Global Credit Committee meetings when requested and/or ensure appropriate Sr Manager is properly updated and prepared to present about credit strategies and/or positions.
- Manage relationships with customers and relevant institutions and organizations such as International Energy Credit Association, contributing where practical.
- Provide visible and energetic support to drive change with Global Credit initiatives and WCF initiatives in mind with the ultimate objectives to A.) drive standard approaches towards regular operational and reporting activities, bringing their efficiency up to the highest global standard in all cases (while accepting many activities will remain best handled at a regional/local level), including maximizing the value from the existing finance operations team in Manila, B.) release senior/experienced credit professionals in the team to focus on external, and internal commercial & finance stakeholder interaction on an ongoing basis, as well as introducing forward-thinking credit strategies that challenge the status quo, C.) employ existing risk/value choices and create additional risk/value based levers to all activities and decisions, and D.) create/foster the dynamic of sharing commercial knowledge and best practice credit practices between all four locations at all levels in the organization, which in turn will support the development of people across the credit team and broaden their horizon to opportunities across Shell.
Reports to the Head of Global Credit Risk Gas & Power, ensuring credit risk decisions are executed in accordance with T&S Risk Management risk appetite. Role has heavy interaction with senior commercial and finance stakeholders where difficult decisions are carried out. Drive people development and best practice knowledge sharing throughout the Global Credit Risk organization. This position will have accountability managing a portion of the overall Shell Energy Americas T&S portfolio. Collaboration with other Trading Hubs (London, Singapore) occurs as needed. Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Solid academic background, with recognized professional finance and/or credit experience, specifically in Trading Credit Mitigation, Credit Negotiations, Contract Negotiations and/or Credit Support highly desired.
- Prefer eight years (with minimum of five years) relevant experience in some combination of areas listed above, ideally in T&S or similar.
- Understanding, especially the ability to balance speed, cost benefit and long-term relationship management. Prior relationship management and/or sales support helpful, but not required.
- Proven credibility with senior business and finance stakeholders, including the ability to present credit mitigation strategies for specific counterparties and sectors in the broader context of STn priorities.
- Remain open to different perspectives and be able to switch priorities at short notice.
- Experience in working in a global organization and in a virtual working environment.
- Experience in working with systems.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.