Skills: Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications, Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Title: Creative Resources Services Coordinator
Job Title: Corporate Meeting Planner
Reports to: Manager of Creative Resources
Minimum 2 - 4 years corporate meeting/event support services experience
Applicant must be able to work well within a team environment and at times, independently
Good written & oral communications skills and strong customer service skills
Attention to detail and procedures
Ability to oversee multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
Experience with meeting/convention services, coordination of room set-ups, F&B set ups & services, AV basic operations and registration processes are required
Computer skills with proficiency in MS Office (especially Outlook), Excel & PowerPoint
Basic knowledge of AV equipment and ability to lift & carry 20 lbs.
Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
Responsibilities will include operations of the Marathon Oil conference center space and the Level 29 conference spaces, coordination of set-ups and maintenance of meeting spaces with designated vendors, providing support to the AV/Stream team and the corporate meeting planner as directed. This job also includes maintaining an inventory of meeting & event supplies, scheduling and coordinating ground transportation needs, scheduling the maintenance and use of the department vehicles and performing on the stream/broadcast team as directed and more. This position is eligible for a 9/80 work schedule. Your standard core hours will be 7am to 4pm, yet flexibility will be required to accommodate client needs and meeting/event schedules.
Ideal candidates will have a strong personal drive, a desire to go above & beyond, will have good critical thinking skills and the ability to "think outside of the box". Your ability to provide outstanding customer service at all times, including under tight deadlines and under stressful onsite circumstances will also be expected.
These items apply to all CR TEAM roles and positions:
- Collaborate and communicate effectively to insure that our CR TEAM produces work that conforms to current Branding Guidelines
- Develop and follow processes to control and/or reduce costs and operate efficiently while still providing quality, professional CR services
- Follow designated procedures for file development, storage and sharing
- Process timely and accurate expense reports to insure conformance with budget planning
- Prepare and take ownership for reporting at project update meetings & staff meetings to insure full collaboration and communication of ongoing projects and activities
- Share knowledge to insure the success of all TEAM members
- Focus on your individual self-development to insure that industry trends and updates are incorporated into our processes to remain innovative and current in your areas of expertise
- Perform your tasks to support our core corporate events, philanthropy events, tradeshows, speaking engagements and exhibits as needed to assist all departments and the Corporate COMMS team
- Perform your tasks to support the production of special events for the EXCOM and the COMMS team: All Employee Meetings, BOD meetings, Annual Shareholders meetings, Let's Talk sessions, The Dailey Reports, Annual Employee Appreciation events and others as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Other Corporate Functions || Not Applicable || || 29817 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.