Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is searching for a Water Draw Technician with onshore and offshore production equpment testing experience in the oil and gas industry.
Working out of the Wood Shop in Houma, LA.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Completing Water Draw duties at client sites.
- Receives orders, obtains information, and gathers paperwork from Operations Supervisors on movements.
- Ensures that all equipment is in good operating condition and calibration is verified, correct, and clean.
- Reports to job-site punctually and observes all applicable federal and state regulations standards, pipeline, terminal and/or refinery requirements, including safety standards.
- Attends key meetings with external personnel; Represents Wood by appearance and conduct while behaving ethically at all times.
- Communicates any problems, discrepancies, or other noteworthy incidents to the Technician Supervisor without delay.
- Works safely in the presence of hazardous materials as defined in the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Promptly and accurately calculates quantities and completes required paperwork and distributes copies appropriately.
- Reviews any discrepancies with Operations Supervisors, signs and returns job order forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of water draw experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3-5 years' water draw experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.