Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support, Software Specialist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Lead Analyst, GIS Systems for their corporate office located in Houston, TX.
The Lead Analyst - GIS Systems ("Analyst") is skilled in the development of technological solutions through the creation of new or the modification of existing software solutions. Perform complex analysis and employ creative thinking in the development and maintenance of applications to support business needs. The Developer is responsible for translating those needs and answering questions to people of all levels of technical knowledge. The Developer must have a solid understanding and extensive hands-on experience with the software development life cycle including participation in requirements definition, code development, testing, implementation, and documentation. Although this position is not a support role the Developer will be asked to assist the application support team in urgent and complex support related requests that require development/programmer competencies to resolve.
Tasks / Responsibilities
• Responsible for custom development efforts and major enhancements to COTS applications
• Team with the Technical Architect to produce a technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements
• Works with end users to validate requirements; captures relevant data and reporting requirements
• Produce a detailed technical design document to match the solution design specifications
• Define technical solutions ensuring considerations for system stability, performance, and ongoing maintainability
• Prototypes designs and user requirements using various development and presentation tools
• Designs, codes and tests client-server and web based applications across each layer of the .NET framework including the user interface, forms, business logic, and integration with internal and external systems
• Complete custom development efforts with a focus on product testing and quality assurance
• Resolve system issues relating to user acceptance testing and respond to suggested improvements
• Adheres to and champions the IT Governance programs (e.g. SDLC, change management, communication, and release management)
• Manage multiple development efforts and project engagements to meet project and customer required time lines
• Provide input to IT Project Management Office by updating project plans, Gantt charts, deliverables, and any issues impacting timelines while offering effective solutions
• Participate and lead, when needed, the project meetings with the customer
• Maintain end-to-end understanding of functional aspects of enterprise applications and associated business processes
• Effectively works with other developers, solutions architect, business analysts, support personnel, and business stakeholders by improving processes, developing standards, and improving project documentation/procedures
• Develops customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer; anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction
• Informally mentor less experienced team members on an as needed basis
• Participate as solutions or knowledge expert with internal support efforts as required
• Prevent the replication of problems across multiple systems by sharing lessons learned and best practices with other team members and IT Management
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
• 5-8 years of hands on working experience in Geospatial database development with the ESRI suite (ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, and ArcSDE)
• ArcGIS mobile (Collector and Navigator), ArcGIS Online Network Analyst extension Spatial Analyst extension
• 3-5 years experience in C#/NET 4.0/4.5, ASP.NET and ADO.net
• 3-5 years of experience with Oracle or SQL Server including stored procedures, triggers and scripts. Experience with Oracle 10g and 11i or SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2014 required.
• 2-4 years experience in Python
• 3-5 years of experience supporting business applications
• 3-5 years experience using multiple technologies such as VB.NET, MVC, WCF, HTML, XML, JSON, and PHP
• Familiarity with ITIL concepts and the ability to follow problem, change, and incident management processes and procedures
In addition to the basic qualifications listed above, the following other position qualifications are required:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving
• Must be able to independently resolve issues and efficiently self-direct work activities based on the ability to capture, organize, and analyze information
• Experience delivering solutions that align with business strategies
• Experience supporting resources performing user acceptance, regression and other required system tests, ensuring that system and/or related integration issues that arise are identified, researched and closed in a timely manner
• Experience providing technical solutions to non-technical individuals
• Demonstrated team building skills
• Ability to deal with internal employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
• Willingness to travel to company locations (up to 5%)
• ITIL v3 Foundations certified
• Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
• Working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Technologies (Microsoft Certifications)
• Candidate should have a well-rounded understanding of the development life-cycle, and a proven track record of designing, coding, and delivering functionality/applications for client
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.