Skills: Document Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Tendering Specialist for a contract position, location in Aberdeen
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Tendering Specialist to join our client working within a busy working environment assisting the Tendering Managers. The role would particularly suit candidates who have previous experience in a similar role within the subsea industry or with experience within a proposals / tendering environment.
Preparation of pre-qualifications and tenders in accordance with the Business Management System (BMS) which includes the following:
- Preliminary review of enquiry or invitation to tender (ITT) document. Preparation of Decisions to Tender (DTT) and advise clients of bid/no bid decision
- Upon bid decision ensure relevant sections of ITT are distributed internally to appropriate departments and externally (to sub-contractors) as required
- Schedule briefing sessions with tender pursuit team and identify responsibilities and key dates. Collaborate with the tender pursuit team throughout the tender process within budget and in time for necessary approvals to be obtained
- Prepare accurate and economic tender estimate in prescribed format and produce Business Risk Assessment if required
- Review, clarify and where appropriate challenge responses received from internal support departments (legal, tax, technical etc) and insert qualifications into bid document. Evaluate and clarify sub-contractor responses where appropriate
- Review ITT documents from a commercial perspective and prepare commercial qualifications as required
- Preparation of internal tender authorisation papers, presentations and documents
- Ensure CRM is kept up to date for tenders in remit up to contract award/loss
- Coordinate clarification responses during bid evaluation process. Prepare and attend any bid clarification meetings.
- Arrange de-brief from client where applicable and forward feedback to tender pursuit team.
- Review final contract document in conjunction with contracts team and liaise with the client to implement any required amendments to achieve the best commercial position
- Maintain appropriate records and data during the tender process to ensure a proper and efficient handover to project teams
- Assist in the improvement of working practices within the department
- Provide support and guidance to the Tendering / Associate Tendering Engineers and Tendering Administrators
- Receive functional guidance, direction and advice from the Tendering Manager(s)
- Candidates should be degree qualified (ideally in Quantity Surveying, Business Management, Marketing, Law & Management or similar).
- Consideration will also be given to candidates with extensive work experience with HNC/HND qualifications in associated background.
- Candidates should have proven experience in a tender/proposals role with a sound knowledge of how to review and commercially qualify contracts.
- The position will require candidates to interact with people at various levels within the organisation and externally.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate relevant work experience within a similar role
- Candidates should have proven experience in a tender/proposals role with a sound knowledge of how to review and qualify contracts commercially.
- Well-developed skills in the application of Microsoft Office Software are required.
- Proven ability to multitask and ensure effective delivery of priorities to meet operational demands.
- Candidates should also be able to work without direct supervision and to solve problems using own initiative