Skills: Materials Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aksay, West Kazakhstan Province, Kazakhstan
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently recruiting a Lead Corrosion & Materials Engineer for our activities in Kazakhstan, to provide specialist corrosion and materials advice as technical Authority for these subjects.
The Key responsibilities are:
• Provide guidance on materials and corrosion control to KPO departments to ensure integrity of the equipment. Activities include, but no limited to, material selection, coating selection, corrosion inhibitor chemical selection, corrosion monitoring and material testing.
• Provide input into the updating of KPO specifications and procedures to ensure that they incorporate the most recent guidance and best practices, and they comply with applicable technical regulations in the subject of material selection and corrosion control etc.
• Provide specialist corrosion and materials advice as technical authority for these subjects.
• Support operations and projects with a focus on providing safe design concepts, material selection for reliability, and input into risk based inspection programmes, input into fitness for services integrity assessment activities, failure analysis, and the implementation of best in class technical standards etc.
Fixed Term, International, rotational 28/28
• Materials selection for sour oil field environments.
• International codes and standards applicable to design, construction, inspection, and repair within oil and gas industry etc.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Higher education in relevant speciality,
• Extensive experience in relevant speciality.