Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a DST / Well Test Engineer for a contract position, located in Westhill.
The job-holder must work within the completion team to provide multiple well test designs for various assets including work from semi-submersibles & jack-ups.
- Responsible for preparing future & fast track well testing programs from initial phase through to end of well report including HPHT & deep-water applications
- Select & coordinate all specialist inputs for DST, Subsea Test Tree (SSTT) & surface testing
- Perform typical well engineering activities for this scope e.g. well planning, tubing stress analysis, contractor evaluation & selection from current available contracts, CWOP, peer reviews, HAZOP/HAZID & risk assessment all in a timely manner
- Provide experienced well site supervision during operations
- Assess & provide solutions regarding interfacing with the selected rig
- Apply technical skills with innovative thinking to obtain positive outcomes: propose changes to the norm & / or innovations with properly identified risks & expected benefits
- Optimize safe working practices in the development of operational programs. Liaise with the Well Examiner to ensure programs are in line with the Well Examination Scheme
- Accurately prepare budgets & durations for assigned work scopes
- Ensure all equipment is prepared, checked & that all services are in place. Develop load out plans with logistics
- Supervise small task forces as required to resolve engineering / technical issues & lead operational implementation of solutions
- The job holder will have significant experience in all aspects of offshore / DST / well testing including onshore preparation & offshore execution
- Will be familiar with & able to prepare the SSTT services with assistance from the subsea team
- Will have recent UK operator experience & will be familiar with the concept of company rules, general specifications, HSE notifications, codes & standards etc.
- Will have well performance / reservoir knowledge to assist program development & on-site supervision
- Will have organizational skills to deliver fast track wells
- Will hold all required certificates to work offshore Will hold current IWCF Drilling Well Control Level 4 (Supervisor) Surface & Combined certificate