Providing good quality, accurate and timely legal advice and legal contracting support with regard to Downstream business activities, including:
- Advising the Business and Management on all legal matters to avoid and/or minimize the Company's exposure to disputes and liabilities under contract, laws or regulations by ensuring compliance with all applicable contractual, statutory and other legal requirements;
- Advising on formulation, interpretation and implementation of major Royal Dutch/Shell Group policies to ensure consistency and compliance with contractual obligations vis-à-vis business partners, applicable laws and regulations, and industry practices/standards;
- Providing legal advice on day-to-day Downstream business operations and transactions in China;
- Supporting contract negotiations and drafting for commercial business transactions with external customers, suppliers or other counterparties;
- Managing relationships with other internal parties & stakeholders (such as Intellectual Property, Tax, Finance, Insurance and other Legal advisors/subject matter experts) as well as with external customers or stakeholders;
- Monitoring any changes in the law and advise Management on the impact of such changes on Downstream operations and recommend strategies for compliance;
- Organising and conducting internal legal compliance training sessions;
- Managing the provision of legal services by external law firms/counsel when required;
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.Requirements
- Possess at least 6 years (PQE) legal experience. Experience in the oil and gas industry or international energy projects will be an added advantage;
- Possess a good law degree from a reputable university;
- Strong (commercial) negotiating skills;
- Excellent legal drafting skills;
- The ability to develop and sustain relationships with stakeholders at all levels;
- Broad corporate and commercial outlook;
- Experience in handling of contractual claims and disputes;
- Able to develop and implement legal compliance programmes and policies;
- Able to influence senior leaders, stakeholders and teams;
- Excellent in interpersonal skills and able to communicate in excellent English (both written and verbal);
- Sensitive to local culture, understanding local drivers, values and relationships;
- Based in Shanghai
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.