Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Advisian is seeking a Energy and Emissions Software Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project consultancy team based in Aberdeen on a permanent basis.
You will join the Energy and Emissions Team which provides support to the business by delivering projects which include; energy assessments, best available techniques assessment, emissions forecasting, monitoring and reporting, permitting advice / compliance support and environmental impact assessment as examples. Projects are delivered to both local and international clients mainly in the upstream offshore / onshore oil and gas sector. Projects are varied and interesting spanning the project lifecycle. The team is also focussed on expanding its client-base through development of existing client relationships and working with other discipline teams throughout the Advisian and WorleyParsons group.
- Develop software tools to enhance project delivery, support clients in reducing energy and emissions and provide value added to the business.
- Provide input to the engineering disciplines on technologies which can be implemented for reduction of emissions and cost.
- Carry out project specific assurance activities as detailed, directed and instructed by project managers.
- Assist in the identification and control of environmental risks in accordance with project risk management requirements..
- Assist project managers in establishing their delivery processes and procedures.
- Report promptly to Management on all matters related to energy and emissions project performance.
- Input to a continuous improvement process, including a process of measuring customer satisfaction.
- Provide performance data as requested for reporting purposes.
- Provide mentoring and training to members of the Energy and Emissions team.
- A degree in a scientific discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Willing to work towards professional qualifications.
- Experience working within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Strong mathematical and report writing ability.
- Ability to work on initiative, as part of a team and independently.
- Good communicator both written and verbally.
- Well-organised and methodical.
- Problem solving ability.
- Creative ability and able to identify improvements.