Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor, Technical Writing
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Learning Design Manager. Reporting to the SL Learning Solutions Manager, the Learning Design Manager oversees the activities of the Learning Design team in the development of learning experiences, ensuring the team applies the latest research in learning and instruction in all programs being developed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently plan, communicate & lead assigned team activities ensuring on time completion of projects
- Ensure assigned team develops quality modern, leading edge competency aligned learning programs & content on time meeting requirements.
- Effectively work and communicate with Business Unit Learning & Competency Development Managers, Subject Matter Experts, Learning Delivery Organization, other Learning Solutions team members and leads the identification of requirements and develop appropriate solutions that meets these needs on time and successfully prepares the Learning Delivery organization to deliver products.
- Manage and mentor Learning Design team members
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master level Degree preferred in Education, Educational Technology, Instructional Design or associated subjects.
- 10 years of related professional experience, for example as Instructional Design Supervisor or Manager or Learning Department manager
- Strong project management, time management, people management and communication skills
- Strong understanding of instructional design process and best practices
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.