Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The IIoT Hardware Field Technician maintain safe, efficient, and reliable product and service delivery to customers. He/She will identify opportunities to improve service delivery, also implement SW and manage risk during service delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure job deliverables are accurate and delivered on time
- Ensure company and regulatory standard compliance by implementing the CAT, self-assessments, and wellsite/field inspections
- Ensure systematic usage of standard work and risk management throughout the service delivery process
- Ensure customer acceptance of service delivery
- Ensure support to other functional processes with proper handoffs at key interfaces
- Participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs
- Participate in HSE and Quality initiatives. with customers and improve performance using action plans
- Develop customer contacts to promote company products and services
- Wear PPE and observe HSE policies
- Maintain the required safety training
- Collaborate with the SLIIC and EOC for job life cycle support including technical and incident management
- Provide visibility regarding SQ performance and improvement opportunities
- Responsible for the cost of service delivery (resource consumption)
- Assist the Operations Manager in incident investigation, validation of results, and reviews
- Manage all job incidents and job changes (MOCs)
- Manage quality control of all field deliverables
- Direct the field employee in safe, reliable, and efficient product and service delivery
- Involve in the staffing and training of the direct the field service employee as needed
- Supervise and interact with supplier as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/ Diploma in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Computers or equivalent
- Minimum 4+ years' Oil & Gas Field experience in one or more services
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of RTUS and PLCS
- Hands on experience with field backhaul, modems, basic networking, connectivity
- Experience calibrating and loop testing instrumentation
- Understanding of basic sensor protocol and basic wiring knowledge
- Willingness to travel as and when required within the United States
- Exhibit problem solving skills
- Continuous process improvement mindset
- Be able to work without supervision
- A team player and experience managing teams
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.