Pennsylvania Chemicals will be a world-scale petrochemical facility in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene. The facility will consist of an Ethane Cracking Unit, 2 Gas Phase Polyethylene Units, a Slurry phase Polyethylene Unit, plus associated Power Generation, Utilities, and Logistics facilities. As construction of the site progresses, the asset is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.
The PE Slurry Technology Start-up Specialist role is to provide deep operational understanding and licensed process technology expertise to support the operating teams during Commissioning and Start-up of the PE Units. This will include
- Support training and qualification of operators for areas of deep technical expertise
- Developing and reviewing procedures for Commissioning, Start-up and Normal Operation
- Support construction surveillance activities for items critical to the licensed technology
- Provide specific technology input into the planning and execution of Commissioning and Initial Start-up activities
- Support trouble-shooting and fine-tuning of process conditions during initial operation
Although there is no formal leadership role, they will work closely on a day-to-day basis with the unit operating shift teams, process technologists, and maintenance support groups.
Additional elements of the role are:
• Works to and advocates the site and unit HSE management systems and participates in HSSE processes and programs
• Acts as primary contact in the operations team for technology related commissioning and start-up related issues
• Solicits the help of Operating Technicians, Process Technologists, Maintenance Specialists, and other technical discipline resources to analyze commissioning and start-up issues and provide corrective action support
• Share knowledge by training, coaching and mentoring colleagues as appropriateCompany Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience with the licensed Slurry phase Polyethylene technology, with particular focus on commissioning and start-up activities.
- They should have a proven track record with the licensed Slurry Technology in;
- Leading multiple unit commissioning and start-ups, including responsibility for trouble-shooting, and problem resolution
- Coaching and guiding Operators during execution commissioning and start-up
- Training Operators on process technology and preparing them for Commissioning and Start-up
- Supporting the introduction of new grades and catalysts
- Working closely and liaising with Operations, Process Technology, and Maintenance teams
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.