Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Godley, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern's role is to support and improve the process for manufacturing parts and assemblies produced in the factory and participate on special projects as defined by management. The M.E. Intern supports problem solving with shop floor personnel. The ME Intern is responsible for improving processes that meet engineering specifications in the manufacturing production system. The M.E. Intern's core functions are described below:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports manufacturing engineers in developing, evaluating, improving and documenting manufacturing processes.
- Supports manufacturing engineers in developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments.
- Supports manufacturing engineers in analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Supports manufacturing engineers in collaborating with Design Engineering regarding product tooling and design to ensure effectual production methods.
- Supports manufacturing engineers in conferring with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, or material purchase, and evaluates products according to quality standards and specifications.
- Supports manufacturing engineers in designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of tool drawings, design concepts, shop orders, and concepts in accordance with the R&D and Quality Assurance functions.
- Supports Company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, safety, and goods manufacturing practices.
- Supports manufacturing engineers with manufacturing drawing accuracy and process improvements (rough turn machine requirements, tooling, fixtures, and support equipment.)
- Supports manufacturing engineers in Special Project Implementation (Capital Equipment, Flow, Automation, Support equipment)
- Supports and develops Lean Improvements and promotes Safety
- Participates in Technology Transfers, and researches New Technology to improve the manufacturing process.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Requires a junior or senior level student currently enrolled in an accredited College of Engineering pursuing a Bachelor's of science in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical engineering degree.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities include the following:
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to grasp modern technology quickly.
- Experience in CAD software such as Solidworks.
- Moderate ability to utilize Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence and technical documentation. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to conduct presentations to intra-company, customers and management .
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
The employee will have a daily involvement in the manufacture of parts and assemblies. May occasionally be required to lift or move up to 60 pounds. Reasonable physical strength and aptitude is required to lift tool assemblies and test equipment including assemblies, parts, and fixtures. Further strength and aptitude is required to use a variety of power and hand tools. The operation of equipment is essential to job including powered industrial trucks and explosive assembly equipment (training will be provided). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee will be mainly in an office environment with regular exposure to manufacturing and testing facilities containing presses, lathes, mills, etc. The employee will have daily exposure to explosive materials, various metals and chemicals used in the manufacture of oilfield explosives products. There may be occasional exposure to various weather conditions (in the case of field or outdoor testing).
The job description here is representative of one that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.