Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To ensure that all rope access activities are carried out safely and efficiently in accordance with company and statutory regulations. Team lead the rope access team; safety management, work site organization, supervisory leadership.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize experience to execute rope access surveys and Inspection work scope from client or site representative
- Work at height subject expert for the Inspection contract at site. Conduct Risk Assessments and Toolbox talks.
- Seeks to continually improve existing safe systems and methods of work
- Maintains the rope access equipment ensuring that the certification is kept up to date. On return to Stores, all equipment must be cleaned and manifested to ensure that nothing is missing
- All relevant paper work in the Rope Access work pack will be read, completed, signed and sent back to operations on completion of the project
- When working an "ongoing" contract, the equipment will be left in a clean and tidy condition for the oncoming Level 3
- All equipment will be manifested and all relevant paper work completed
- Time sheets/client work sheets will be signed and faxed/emailed to the Operations Department
- Ensures that existing and potential clients are kept informed of advancements to rope access services
- Attends client meetings during the task planning or organizing period
- Ensures quality standards are maintained so that quality of service meets the necessary standards
- Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the company health, safety, environmental, and quality systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of more environmental friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
Supervise and direct rope access personnel (level 1 and 2) to ensure operational efficiency with the implementation of the appropriate standards of safety and quality control in rope access activities, according to Oceaneering procedure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- IRATA Level 3 minimum with 4 years of related experience in rope access offshore environment (E)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/ procedures and NDT techniques.(E)
- Hold ASNT or PCN Level 2 qualifications for Visual Inspection, MPI, DPI & UT (P)
- Supervision and leadership skills (E)
- Ability to communicate in English (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Computer Skills- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, MS Project, Primavera
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training & development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Attendance & Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Motivation- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard or excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water. Remote work site with camp accommodation, facilities. Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment. Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare. Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks. Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases. Work surface is stable, height is elevated. Confined space or cramped spaces. Travel could be by ferry, workboat, taxi, train, bus, plane, and helicopter. Work at height from elevated platforms or scaffold. Use of hand tools, gauges and meters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.