Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Department: Production Enhancement Technical Software
Responsibilities: Under the broad direction from the Product Owner and the Software Development Lead, the Software Technical Advisor will support, design, and implement software systems to ensure that they are aligned with business requirements. Additional responsibilities include the ability to:
- Collaborate with product stakeholders and peers to design and enhance software for robust and sustainable products
- Develop and support an established Delphi code-based product, including
- Adding feature enhancements per the product owner
- Debugging and fixing issues as reported by end-users
- Supporting a steady software release cycle to the user base
- Commercial software licensing and new user support
- Reverse engineering functionality from the code base
- Minimum 5 - 10 years relevant experience
- Solid experience in a Senior Software Developer or Software Architect role
- Solid development experience with Delphi, or C++ with a willingness to learn Delphi
- GUI development with Visual C++, or C++/MFC or C#/Winforms
- BS with preferred MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent worker and ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills
Preferred experience with:
- 2D and/or 3D graphical modelling
- Object oriented programming and multithreading
- Development in a full Software Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficient with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Committed to writing well documented code with solid unit test coverage
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles and continuous integration
- Experience in Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Windows desktop development for scientific domains
- Oilfield science and engineering application experience is a plus
- Professional certification and licenses related to software development is a plus
- Denver, Colorado
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Software Technical Advisor, Sr. Software Technical Advisor or Principal Software Technical Advisor.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
7112 W Jefferson Avenue, Suite 100, Lakewood, Colorado, 80235, United States
Requisition Number: 69842
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.