Skills: HR - Recruitment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Human Resources Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Responsible for the recruitment of offshore operations for global positions. Generate new sourcing pools of candidates through creative means including new technology approaches.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute a program to attract qualified offshore personnel for our company's global needs.
- Applies all Company policies and practices with regards to the recruitment, interview and hiring processes, and ensures new hires are handled in accordance with Company Shared Values and Equal Employment practices.
- Sources and identifies highly qualified candidates to staff open position requirements on operational rigs, within talent pools and onshore functions.
- Continues to seek new and innovative methods of recruiting to ensure a selection of highly qualified candidates.
- Screens all candidates for qualifications, interest level, compensation, relocation needs, and availability, etc.
- Interviews candidates using competency based behavioral interview techniques to ensure candidate matches all specifications of the position including organizational fit and job fit.
- Maintains necessary documentation for assigned requisitions.
- Utilizes the Human Resources Management system according to defined process.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future department trends and business initiatives that could impact hiring needs.
- Refers short-listed candidates to hiring manager; makes recommendations regarding hiring of candidates and participates in all stages of the selection process.
- Educates candidates on the total value proposition of the company including the company's benefits, career development opportunity, and variable pay structure.
- Coordinates recruitment advertisement and internal communications as required.
- Attends Career and Job Fairs as needed to produce qualified candidates.
- Coordinates nationalization recruitment campaigns as required.
- Aides in establishing and maintaining the recruiting policies.
- Carries out other duties and projects as required.
- Travel to the rigs to understand staffing requirements and partner with rig-based leadership to provide support and a positive working environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business or related field. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Applicable HR Certification preferred.
- Must maintain applicable credentials to travel offshore (BOSIET, T-HUET, TWIC, Rig Pass)
- 5-7 plus years of experience in the Recruitment and Staffing function at a consultancy and/or Multi National Company required.
- Broad knowledge of human resources principles, practices, and procedures.
- Relevant offshore recruitment experience in oil/gas industries is required.
- Must be familiar with behavioral/competency-based interviewing techniques and selection assessment tools.
- Highly process-driven with a developed network in the oil/gas industry.
- Industry and technical understanding of job specifications to the extent required to accurately assess candidates' qualifications.
- The ability to recruit for remote, multi-site, and multi-national locations in accordance with Transocean's guidelines regarding employee class, global mobility assistance, and tax support.
- Principles, practices and procedures of human resources administration associated with employment, compensation and classification.
- Operating standard office equipment and using MS Office applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and meticulous attention to details.Creative thinking and writing proficiency.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to build strong and productive personal relationships at all levels of the organization, including Operations and Rig Managers.
- Ability to work under stress, prioritize and complete a high volume of work, managing multiple projects and coordinating multiple requests to successful completion.
- Build and maintain a vast network of professional relationships over a long period of time.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain strict confidentiality and judgment sufficient to handle sensitive employment issues.
- Enthusiasm and engagement with teams.
- Ability to influence hiring decisions based on information gained during the recruitment process.
- Ability to generate new and creative sourcing pools of candidates and means to attract candidates to the Company.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.