The purpose of the Senior Reservoir Engineer in the Kazakhstan Asset Development Team is to perform, coordinate and quality control all reservoir engineering activities aimed to maximise economic recovery from hydrocarbon accumulations under evaluation and achieve the desired business objectives. The incumbent is expected to coach junior staff and contribute to RE discipline health and play a significant role in business improvements, simplifications and efficiency initiative.
Accountabilities:Perform in a multi-disciplinary team of geologists, reservoir engineers, production technologists to build full understanding of the reservoir dynamic behaviour/performanceAct as the asset RE discipline expert leading dynamic reservoir modelling and forecasting To ensure high quality RE technical input to all activities in the Asset Development team covering development projects, full field review/studies, field optimisations, execution activities and resource volume estimations. Perform Reserves Estimation & Reporting and support in Business Planning (including HCM maturation)Deliver high quality insights on the robustness of operator reservoir models and Influence operator to include Shell standards during static/dynamic model updatesParticipate and Contribute in the Operator Technical workshopsReview Operator well proposals and WRFM planCoordinate Technical Assurance of individual and team products. Liaise the TA2/1 to ensure QC actions are reviewed and closed out and documented. Provide first line QC for discipline specific topics across the teams. Act as TA3 on specific discipline issues.Coach, develop and mentor more junior staff and ensure standards are met through intensive QA/QC. Support Junior RE in SGP.Strong commitment to HSSE in all activitiesCompany Description
In 2018, Shell celebrated its 25th Anniversary since starting business in the independent Kazakhstan. Shell's business in the Caspian region began over 100 years ago, when Shell was the first to ship kerosene from Baku to South-East Asia. In the early 1990s, the company became one of the first foreign investors to establish presence in Kazakhstan, when the company was involved in the appraisal study of the country's hydrocarbon reserves and has since played a leading role in the development of the country's oil and gas sector.
Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Kazakhstan with offices in Astana, Atyrau, Aktau and Aksai. Shell has interests in four projects in Kazakhstan:
•The North Caspian Sea Production Sharing Agreement (Shell's share - 16.81%)
•Karachaganak Final Production Sharing Agreement (Shell's share - 29.25%)
•Pearls Production Sharing Agreement (Shell's share - 55%), and
•Caspian Pipeline Consortium (Shell's share - 7.4%).
Upon integration with BG Group in 2016, Shell's footprint significantly increased in Kazakhstan. With firm plans to continue with the current commitments in the above projects while protecting value already in-country, and seeking to enhance its strategic partnership with the Republic, Shell's focus on strong and effective collaboration with the government authorities, partners, business community and general communities will remain topical.Requirements
The position requires highly motivated individuals with the capacity and flexibility to work on a diverse range of projects/fields. This position provides an opportunity for both technical broadening and expertise deepening, and requires highly motivated individuals with the capacity and flexibility to work on a variety of projects
- University degree in a technical/scientific subject, preferably in Petroleum Engineering.
- 12+ years working experience as an RE with emphasis on field development/reservoir management and subsurface support
- Solid grounding in Reservoir Engineering and the fundamentals of Geoscience and a good understanding of the risks and technical issues associated with subsurface, wells and surface development opportunities.
- Strong technical foundation with the ability to work independently, as well as challenge and support others.
- Well-developed communication with ability to interface well with Partners and regulatory bodies and ability to work in an integrated multi-disciplinary and diverse cultural environment
- A natural integrator with experience co-ordinating activities and working in large, diverse multi-disciplinary teams and a proven track record for generating opportunities and delivering business results
- Experience in operations and WRFM preferred
- Visibly demonstrated personal commitment to safety and the environment
- Legal right to work in Kazakhstan (KZ passport / KZ residency permit etc).
The vacancy is published externally in order to attract top local talent from Kazakhstani labour market and strengthen Shell Kazakhstan local technical talent pipeline.