Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking an Instrument & Electrical Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity in Houston, TX. Our client is a full-service engineering, procurement, and construction company operating with current licenses and registrations in over 35 states.
The Instrument & Electrical Engineer is primarily responsible for designing, preparing, reviewing and approving various engineering and design deliverables, including the Scope of work, Design Basis, execution plans, Power System Analysis, electrical equipment and cable sizing, Electrical Power Distribution system, load lists, one line diagrams, Hazardous Area Classification and layouts for substation/ electrical building, power, cable tray, grounding, lighting, schematics and wiring diagrams, cable/ conduit schedules, panel/ termination details, installation details, specifications, datasheets, Inspection Test plans for electrical equipment, systems, and mechanical packages.
The Instrument & Electrical Engineer is also responsible for:
- Planning, engineering, design, procurement and construction of Electrical Systems for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Chemical, and Power Generation Projects.
- Ensuring compliance with industry codes and standards as well as Company policies, procedures and guidelines; developing and improving department procedures and processes.
- Leading and guiding project team to design and build within safety, quality, scope, quantity, cost, schedule and productivity targets; planning, monitoring, controlling and reporting the progress.
- Providing consultation and guidance, and mentoring less experienced engineers and designers.
- Coordinating electrical engineering and design with other engineering disciplines, construction, High Value Engineering Centers, Client, vendors, 3rd party Contractors, and Electric Utility Company.
- Ensuring and performing effective scope and change management.
- Guiding, supporting and participating in design reviews for 3D modelling, constructibility and value engineering.
- Supporting procurement activities including Inquiry Requisition, Technical Bid Evaluations, Purchase Requisition, vendor drawing review and FAT; supporting procurement and vendor drawing review for Mechanical packages and other disciplines.
- Providing support to construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup.
- Supporting proposals including review of ITT, clarifications, and estimation of engineering man-hours, material quantities and cost.
- Performing field visits/ surveys.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on Power Systems
- 8-20 years of Electrical Engineering experience
- Experience in electrical engineering, design, procurement and construction for LNG, Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, and Power Generation Projects
- Sound knowledge of National Electrical code (NEC); knowledge of all project phases (Pre-Feed, Feed, EPC)
- Experience with 69kV (and above) substations, tie-ins/ modifications and interfacing with Electric Utility Company; experience with modularization and large motors (synchronous & induction) plus VFD or LCI drive
- Proficiency using ETAP and SKM Powertools preferred
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/