Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Mentone, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking a Field Engineer with Powerline / High Voltage Inspection experience for a long- term contract opportunity with a prominent Midland- based independent exploration and production company. The selected candidate must have a strong background in staking, field engineering, along with basic AutoCAD proficiency.
The Power Distribution Field Inspector will be mainly responsible for overseeing the repair, removal and installation of power poles, towers, facilities and other support structures, anchors, guy wires, cross arms and overhead conductors, etc. on assigned electrical highline projects as well as Powerline Inspection
The Power Distribution Field Inspector is also responsible for:
- Oversight of new construction and upgrades
- Coordinate with field crews and engineering
-Creating redlines and as-builds
- Inspecting the iInstalling, repairing, maintaining and/or splicing primary and secondary underground conductors
- Setting and removing electric meters
- Overseeing installation, repairing, replacing and/or removing overhead and underground transformers, capacitor banks, switches, boxes, connectors and/or other line apparatus
- Reading work orders, switching orders, circuit maps and/or note job changes on maps
- Driving and operating digger derricks, bucket trucks, forklifts and pole dollies; operating wire pullers and other associated highline equipment
- Performing other duties, as assigned
- 10 years Power Line or related field/construction experience
- Experience with Staking and related Field Engineering experience, to include basic design skills; red line, as-builts, etc.
- Familiar with OSHA 1926.1407-1411
- Proficient in AutoCAD, and basic MS Office tools
- Substation construction
- Transmission construction
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/